❝𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐀.❞

ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ

❝𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐀.❞

drapetomonia - the overwhelming urge to run away

When Junia Beaumont, her brother and their classmates get a last assignment before the end of the school year, she doesn't know just how quickly things will change for her.

Who would have thought that someone you've known for less than two weeks could make you want to do things that might jeopardize your whole future? And how do you deal with the fact that you're rapidly falling for someone that likely won't live to see his next birthday?

She doesn't know. All she knows is that she's willing to do whatever it takes - even cheating - to get Treech out of there alive.

⁺    ˚
*     ✦ .  ⁺   .⁺    ˚
*     ✦ .  ⁺   .
.     ⁺ ⁺

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑.

Well... it's a Hunger Games fanfic so the usual, I'd say. Canon-typical violence, unstable/toxic family situations etc. you know the drill. But if you think there's something I should really put a warning for at the beginning of a chapter, please let me know! The last thing I want is to accidentally trigger somebody.

Oh, my chapters are long! ~5k is the average word count. Just putting it out there because that's apparently a lot by Wattpad standards.

Also, English isn't my first language. If a sentence doesn't make sense or the grammar feels off, feel free to point them out. I prewrite everything on google docs but even that can make mistakes.

I'll mix things up a bit, by the way. I'll try to mix the movie and the book as much as I can as I felt the timespan in the movie was a bit rushed and some things were left out that I'd like to add in this story. It also means more worldbuilding for me! Yay to more unnecessary yapping between important plot points!

I think this is KIND of a slowburn? But also not really since this takes place within like ~2 weeks. I think my yappy writing style just makes it feel like one. Or not. Anyway—

Also, please don't be a silent reader!!! I love love LOVE comments, they're one of the best things about wattpad! yap as much as you'd like, i'll probably be yapping right back <33

Last but not least, the only thing about this I actually own is Junia and her family. That clusterfuck is mine.

edit: after writing a bit, I can def say this story is a bit slow-paced and my chapters are longer than I expected. I think. and there's a lot more scenes of the mentors than I expected but they're a lot of fun to write + extra background worldbuilding is always a win i think :^)

manifest i don't lose inspiration as soon as i upload this btw. i've been thinking about this ever since i watched the movie in november. i'll cry

ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ

- wistfulthoughts, dec 30th 2023
- published; feb 3rd, 2024
(a month in the drafts? insane behaviour, even for me)