03. cattle cars

ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ

ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ

03. cattle cars

"Hi, I'm June! I'm your mentor, it's so nice to meet you!"

Extending her hand and forcing a smile to appear on her face, she eventually sighs when her reflection tells her just how tense she actually looks. Like this, Treech might as well think she's going to pass out on the spot. Her eyebrows knit together in worry and she places her hands on her hips.

This has to be the tenth time, if not the twentieth, that she has tried to practice her introduction. After all, first impressions are important and she wants to make sure she gets it right. If she appears as nervous as she is, it's not going to end well.

She runs her fingers through her hair self-consciously, fixing the gap in her bangs and straightens out the red jacket of her uniform. Furrowing her brows, she places her hands on the edge of her vanity and leans forward, inspecting her reflection before stepping back with a sigh.

She clears her throat and takes a deep breath before she shakes her head and smiles. "Hello, welcome to the Capitol! I'm June, I'm your mentor!" She extends her hand like previously and groans once again when she realizes she can't seem to relax.

"Great," she mutters. "Perfect. This is wonderful."

"Can you keep it down in there?"

Junia jumps slightly at the sound of Castiel's voice and turns around. At the sight of him, she pales.

His eyes are bloodshot with heavy dark circles under them which only stands out more since his face is about as pale as a marble statue. He blinks as if the light inside of his sister's room is blinding him and brings one hand up to cover his tired eyes. His brown hair is a mess, standing up in various directions.

"You look awful," she says bluntly, eyeing the way he can barely seem to stand upright.

Even in his hungover state and his pajama shirt unbuttoned halfway, Cas manages a scoff. "We almost have the same face," he retorts.

"I told you to keep your hands off the posca", Junia says and turns away from him again. She applies an additional layer of chapstick, something she realizes she almost forgot. Thankfully her brother's chapped lips reminded her of it. "I'm surprised. I didn't think they'd get you out of bed."

"Dad had some very convincing arguments," Castiel says and rubs his eyes. "Sorry, June. You're gonna have to go ahead on your own. I feel like I'm gonna explode all over the floor."

She hasn't expected anything else but can't help but feel a bit more anxious knowing she'll have to do this by herself. "Fine," she eventually sighs, forcing herself to gather herself. Then, she pauses. "Wait, they're letting you stay home?"