01. the fourth of july

ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ

ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ

01. the fourth of july

Junia finds herself unable to continue walking up the stairs, glancing back at her brother who looks like he would rather turn back and go home on the spot. It's nothing unusual at this point. Neither one of them are particularly fond of today's events but both know they don't really have a choice.

Their parents are already late. If the twins of the Beaumont family happened to also be missing for the reaping ceremony, people would talk - which simply can't happen. Not if they have any say in it. If anything is important to the people in the Capitol, it has to be their own reputation.

Junia hates it.

"Do you think we can step aside for a moment?" Cas asks even though his body language makes it obvious it's not a question but rather a decision he has already made for the both of them. He grimaces at the very thought of heading inside immediately. "You know I hate these kinds of things."

Being equally as unenthusiastic about today's events, it doesn't take much for her to agree. While she usually doesn't mind making him wait a second or two longer just to see him get more annoyed, she's eager to take a last deep breath as well.

So she nods. "Yeah," she agrees. She sees how he fixes his jacket and sighs. For a moment, she contemplates standing in the middle of the staircase to get a rise out of people but ultimately decides against it. Her nerves are already at an all-time high, there's no need for her to make things worse. "Lead the way."

Slightly taller than she is, Castiel has quickly found a quiet spot not too far away from the entrance. It'd be close enough to hurry inside if the reaping were to begin earlier this year, and yet also far away enough so they won't be dragging any unnecessary attention to themselves. It's barely around a corner so they can also still see whoever else is arriving.

Perfect if you're trying to avoid people, that is. It's just right up his alley.

Gently nudging his twin sister's arm, he steers herself and him in the right direction and up the stairs. He reminds himself to keep his head down, though that probably won't do much. He's not tall enough to stick out like a sore thumb but then again, he shouldn't be taking his chances. Cas maneuvers them in a way that makes sure they won't bump into anyone that might try to strike up a conversation now.

Once at the desired spot, they seperate from one another so she's not holding onto his arm anymore and move to the side.

Cas turns slightly, reaching for the pocket on the inside of his jacket. "It's packed," he comments dryly, taking in the scenery once more. He's about to ask Junia where it is when he finds the lighter. "What a nightmare."