47. goodbye, capitol

ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ

ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ

47. goodbye, capitol

Saying goodbye to Max was hard, but bidding a (temporary) farewell to Cas breaks her.

They make it to the train station just in time. June holds both Treech’s and her brother’s hands tightly, clinging to them like a lifeline. She’s not sure how much time they even spent in the car, but to June, it passed within the blink of an eye.

Her heart both hurts and yet feels as if it might burst out of her chest at any second. She knows that it’ll only be temporary, but the thought of leaving her brother behind, even if it’s just for a few weeks at best, makes her feel nauseous. It tears her apart in a way that she can’t describe.

She knows she’ll be alright; she has Treech by her side, but there’s still a guilt she can’t seem to shake off. It all piles up. When Cas became a mole at Dr. Gaul’s lab, she was worried about him every step of the way, and even now, after everything, she feels like she is leaving him here in the Capitol to clean up her mess.

With her gone, who knows how their parents will react? She knows this is exactly part of the reason why he decided to stay in the Capitol for now, but it still evokes feelings of both guilt and fear within her. She doesn’t like it, not knowing for sure where he is, what he might be doing, and how he’s feeling. In all of her eighteen years of being alive, she always had some way to reach him quickly. And now, they’ll have to rely on the post.

But she tells herself that she needs to stay strong in front of him. Saying goodbye to Max was hard because it might be forever, but the bittersweetness of her goodbye to Cas pushes her over the edge.

Once again, the twins show exactly how far bribery can get you in the Capitol. Getting a ticket to Seven, just like that, would usually be harder for Capitol citizens unless they had a good reason to leave. She knows that her classmates would sometimes travel outside the Capitol, particularly Pup, and Arachne would often be very proud of it, but she has never left the so-called “safety” of her home.

After everything, however, June is more than willing to accept the fact that it might not be as safe here anymore. Even if her cheating is discovered and she thinks it might eventually happen, she’ll likely be long gone by then. Surely some people will have an idea of where she went, but she decided to leave fabricating a story up to her parents.

They can say that she “passed in an accident” (although that would come with the trouble of a funeral, not to mention that Max might never forgive them when he finds out the truth), but she believes that out of shame of what their darling, their only daughter and first child, has turned into, they’ll simply say she has disappeared.

Strangely, she thinks she likes the sound of that. Gone, being swept away like leaves in the wind, only to never be seen again — it sounds liberating. Perhaps this is the taste of freedom she has always longed for.

❝𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐀❞ ━ TREECHजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें