the new kid

Months had passed and Adela heard about the new kid at camp half-blood. Apparently he fought and killed a minotaur by himself, with no battle experience.

The kid was out for a few days. Grover came and told her that he was back and a little bit about the kid and what happened.

Adela felt bad for the kid. She went through the same situation as he did. It wasn't fair but that had no impact on what would happen with their lives. She wished she could but the Gods would never let anyone have that power.

Adela walked out of her cabin and walked past the others. Someone ran up behind her and picked her up. "Put me down!" She yelled.

Luke chuckled and put her down. "Asshole." She turned to him and hit his chest. "You're cute when you're mad." He said. He leaned down and gave her a quick kiss. "And you're a pain in my ass. You're lucky you're cute." She said, starting to walk away from him.

Luke followed her. "You heard about the new kid?" He asked her. Adela nodded. "Yeah, Grover told me. He's in the infirmary now with him. And Annabeth is watching over him. I feel bad for when the kid actually wakes up."

He chuckled. "Yeah, she does have a habit of doing that." He said. "Yeah, she did it to me, lucky for me it turned out fine. The others she's just ignored." She said.

"Speaking of her. What's your assignment for capture the flag?" He asked her. "I'm not saying. Annabeth told me not to tell anyone." Adela told him.

He leaned into her as they walked. "But it's me."

Adela rolled her eyes. "I don't care. She told me not to tell anyone. And I keep my word." She said, looking at him. He stopped walking and stood in front of her.

"We're on the same team." He said, putting his hand on her arm. She looked down at his hand and back at his face, his skin heating up. "I know. I'll tell you later. I have to go meet with Grover."

He sighed. "Okay, I'll see you later." He said. He leaned down and kissed her. "Bye." Adela said with a smile and she walked away. Luke watched her until she was out of his eyesight and he walked back into his cabin.

Adela knocked on the door to the room. She heard footsteps and the door opened revealing Grover. "Hey." He said. She smiled back at him. "Hey, how's he doing?" She asked, nodding to the unconscious boy.

"Uh, he should be waking up shortly." He said. "That's good. I just stopped in to see how he is doing. But how are you doing?" She asked.

Grover sadly smiled at her. "I'm fine. I mean not really. I'm going to talk to the council later." He told her. "That's good. Be truthful with them. If you need anything from me just ask, okay? I'm here for you Grover."

"I know, thank you, Adela."

"Of course, I'll see you later." She said giving him and hug and leaving him alone with the kid.

The next day Adela woke up early. She never did that but her body told her she needed to be awake. Maybe it was her father's calling.

Probably not.

So she changed and walked over to Hermes Cabin to talk to Luke. She walked over to see Clarisse and her friends walk away from them.

She walked up to Luke. "What'd she want?" She asked him. "Nothing good." He said. She raised her eyebrows. "Of course." She said. He put her hand on her lower back and leaned down and gave her a quick kiss.

Someone cleared their throat. He pulled away and they looked to see Chris. "We get it. You guys like each other." He said. Adela stared at him. "We get it, you're just jealous because Amayah doesn't like you back." She mocked.

Chris's face dropped. Luke smiled and patted his back. "Ignore her." He said. He turned to the new kid. "Percy, this is my girlfriend Adela." He introduced. "Hi." He said with a smile and a small hand wave. "Nice to meet you." She said.

Percy looked over to were Clarisse and her friends walking away and pointed to her. "Well, she seems nice." He sarcastically said. "Aw, he's cute. I like him already." She said to Luke.

"Ares kids. They come by it honestly." He said.

"Why don't they mess with you?" He asked. "They know better." He said with a smile. "Luke's the strongest swordsman at camp." Chris said.

"So, they leave you alone because 'glory?" Percy asked him. Luke slightly nodded. "So if I get glory, Clarisse wouldn't mess with me either?"

"Exactly."

"And people think I'm a big deal?" He asked.

Luke tilted his head. "Well, sorta, but—"

"And my dad's got no choice but to claim me." Percy said. "You can't force the gods to do anything." Adela told him.

"Well, yeah, but....it would make it harder for him to pretend I don't exist, right?" He asked. "Maybe." Luke told him. "Well, great. Where do we start?" He asked, looking at each of them.

Adela smiled. "I got an idea, you're gonna love it." She said, grabbing Percy's arm and dragging him away. Chris and Luke followed her.

"Archery?" Percy asked, looking at the course. Adela smiled. "Yep. It's one of my favorites. I'll help you get ready." She said and led him over by gear and helped his put everything on.

They walked over to the others. One of other the girls lit it on fire and let it go. It landed right on the target. Adela stepped towards the girl and she lit hers on fire. She aimed it, took a deep breath and let it go. Bullseye.

She lowered her body and walked over to Luke and Percy. "Nice shot, Addie." He told his girlfriend. "Thanks Luce." She said to him and he smiled and shook his head.

"A good source of glory are feats of skills." Adela said to him. "So we gotta figure out what you're good at." Luke finished, handing him his bow.

He looked at it. "I wanna be very clear about this, I've never done anything like this before, and it looks super dangerous." Percy said, looking at them. "And you never killed a Minotaur before either, 'till you did." Luke said, crossing his arms.

Percy grabbed his an arrow and walked over, in front of the target. The girl pulled out the lighter and lit it. "I wouldn't." He told her. She looked over at Adela and she nodded her head.

He looked at the target and lifted the bow. He let it go and fell to the ground and the arrow went in the air. Everyone dodged and fell to the ground.

Everyone looked at him. "Should I try again?" He asked and everyone shouted no at him.

Adela walked over to him and put her hand out. Percy took it and she helped him up. "Archery maybe isn't your strongest. But don't worry, we'll find something else for you." She reassured him.

"Thank you." He told her. She smiled at him.

______________________________

Authors note:

Aw, Adela and Percy are starting
to form a friendship. It's cute.

Fair warning, I am spacing the
episodes in these chapters
because I don't want the book
to have like 3 chapters, you know?

So they'll have a little over 1,000 words,
it's short but it's something.

Also, do we want Adela to also go on
the quest. I know it's only supposed
to be three people but there's only
so many small scenes I can write to
make it a book, you know?

Please comment and let me know!

Sorry if there spelling or grammar
mistakes, I have adhd and a
writing disability.

Lots of love.
-Kelly