iris message

After sitting by the water for ten minutes Adela went with Luke to Chiron's office. On the walk there they were silent for the most part. Well, she was quiet and Luke noticed.

"What's got you so quiet?" He asked. Adela looked up at him. "Sorry, I'm just thinking." She replied. He bumped his shoulder with hers.

"About?" He asked.

"Everything. How can these kids fight each other on what god they back up and believe in? These kids have known each other for years." She said.

He shook his head. "I don't know. It's the fear. They're probably scared that something will happen to them if they back up the wrong God. They want their loved ones to be safe even if it means doing something bad or backing up the wrong god." Luke explained.

"Yeah, maybe you're right." Adela said and Luke smiled at her. He squeezed her hand. "But we don't have to worry about that yet. The summer solstice is a few days away."

She nodded her head. "A lot can happen in a few days." She said as they walked into his office.

"So what are we doing in Chiron's office?" She asked him. "Chiron asked me early to grab something." Luke said, turning away from her and going through his stuff.

Adela put her hands on her hips and looked around the room. "I don't like being in here without him. It feels wrong." Adela said.

He turned his head to look at her. "It's fine. Chiron gave me permission to be in here." He said turning his head away from her.

"Got it." He said holding up an object, but his hand was mostly covering it. He shoved it in his pocket. "Come on." He said, he took a few steps to her and stopped.

Adela looked past him to see a white light.

"Is that?"

"An Iris message." Luke finished, looking back at her.

"Luke?" They turned to see Percy and Annabeth. They walked closer to them. "Annabeth? Percy! Are you okay?" He asked them.

"Yeah, we-we're fine. Where's Chiron?" Annabeth asked. "Chiron's holding camp together with both hands. Everyone thinks we're going to war, cabins are taking sides." Luke said.

Annabeth looked over at Adela. Her face changed when she saw the marks of her face. "What happened, Adela?" She asked.

"A hellhound. Some fucker summoned it." Adela said and Luke looked at her. He put his hand on her arm to try and calm her down. "But when I find them, they'll wish they never did."

"Woah, okay, Addie, we get it." Luke said rubbing her arm. He looked back at Percy and Annabeth. "But please tell us you're calling with good news?" Luke asked. "We know who stole the lightning bolt." Percy said.

Adela looked at Luke and back at Percy. "How do you know?" Luke asked. "We ran into Ares, and Grover got him talking and realized Ares knew who the thief was but was covering for them." Annabeth said.

She shrugged her shoulders. "So, who could Ares cover for other than..." Luke looked at Adela. "His favorite daughter." Adela said. "Clarisse is the lightning thief." Luke said.

"Chiron's gotta arrest her, find out what she knows. There's more to this than just the bolt, something bigger. Don't ask me how I know, you just gotta trust me." Percy explained.

Luke nodded his head. "Okay, we're on in." He said. He looked at Adela for a second and looked back at them. "So Ares, huh? What was that like?" Luke asked.

"Well...compared to the Chimera on Monday and Medusa on Sunday, could have been a lot worse." Percy said.

"Medusa was on Saturday." Annabeth told Percy. "I thought it was Sunday." He said. She shook her head. "No monsters on Sunday. Monday you died in the river." She said.

Luke and Adela looked at each other and she shrugged her shoulders and looked back at them.

"Right, so Medusa on Saturday." Percy said.

"Guys, what is this?" Luke interrupted. "What?" They both asked at the same time. "When did you turn into an old married couple?" Luke asked amused and Adela quietly laughed.

Percy and Annabeth didn't looked at each other. "Not to change the subject, but I'm gonna. We could use your advice on something, Luke. We're headed to Las Vegas to find you dad—" Percy started to say but then the message cut out.

Adela looked at Luke. "Did we just get hung up on?" She asked. He looked at her. "I think we did." He said.

Adela face dropped. "Was Percy about to say that they were going to talk to Hermes?" She asked him. Luke sighed. "Yeah, I caught that."

"Does that bother you?" She asked him.

He nodded his head once and looked down at her. "Yeah, it does. But let's not talk about it." He said walking out of the office leaving her standing by herself.

_____________________________

Authors note:

Another short one.

I'm trying to space the chapters
out. I am going to start to releasing
it every three days instead of two.

Because we're nearing the end of
season one and I ran out of ideas
but I have the next two chapters
written.

I'm very nervous for the last episode
of season 1. It going to take me some time
to write for it so be aware when the time
comes.