capture the flag

Everyone lined up on the river front in the woods while Chiron was explaining the rules.

"The first team to retrieve the opposing flag and return it across the river shall be the victor. As always, there will be no maiming and no killing. I trust these rules will be respected. Any magical items you may possess are permitted as well." Chiron announced to everyone.

"Every camper who is not injured has to play."

Percy looked confused and lost. He looked down at the pen. Adela and Luke noticed. "It's okay, let her rip." He told him.

"Prisoners may be disarmed..." Chiron went on.

"I still don't even know what my job is." Percy said to him, looking around at everyone who seemed to know what they were getting into.

"...but may not be bound or gagged..."

"Maybe I won't even need a sword." He said.

"Let the games begin!" Chirson announced. The conch shell went off and the red team started screaming and banging their weapons.

"I'm gonna need a sword."

Annabeth walked towards them. "All right. We have 20 minutes before the second conch and game on. You know what you're doing?" She asked Luke.

He nodded. "Yes ma'am."

He started to walk away. "Hey." She said and he turned to her. "Today feel like a winning kind of day to you?" She asked. He nodded and smiled. "I'll see you on the other side." He told her.

Luke turned to Adela and kissed her. "Go get that flag." She said and he nodded. "Company! Move out!" He said and they chanted started walking away for their positions.

Percy went to walk with them but was stopped by Annabeth speaking. "Not you sunshine, you're with me." Annabeth told him.

"Adela, you know your assignment?" She asked. Adela nodded. "Yeah." She said. She looked over to Percy. "Good luck, Percy. You're gonna need it today." She said.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "What does that mean?" He asked her. "Just focus on your surroundings. Don't get distracted." She said, pointed at him and walked away from them.

The game had already began and Adela was walking through the woods alone. She had already scanned the entire woods and disarmed her opponents that were lurking around.

She protected the area while the others went to search for the flag. It was an easy job, one that she could do by herself but she wished she had someone with her to talk to.

That was all she had to do and she did it.

But she had a feeling that something was going to happen and that someone was going to get hurt. And by Adela's guess, it was going to be Percy.

"Adela." She looked ahead to see Annabeth. They both made themselves visible to talk.

"Annie, I have a bad feeling that something is gonna happen to Percy." She told the girl. She nodded. "Don't intervene. It's his fight. He can take care of himself." She said.

"But—"

"Trust me. I have a bigger plan in motion." She said and Adela nodded. "Okay." She said. "Hey, don't worry. We have this by a long shot. Your boyfriend and the others will get the flag."

Adela laughed. "Annie, you've really grown up these past few years into a strong, independent young woman." She said her.

Annabeth smiled at her. "Thank you, Adela." Adela pulled the girl into a hug. "I know it's the wrong time for this but I'm proud to call you my friend, I just need you to know that."

She pulled away. "Same goes to you." She said and took a few steps away from the Adela.

"Oh and Adela." She turned her body towards Annabeth. "If Luke ever breaks your heart, I will come for him. I don't care if he's family, he doesn't mess with what matters most to me."

Adela smiled at her. "Thank you, Annabeth." She said. She nodded and put of her cap and walked away from her, leaving her in the woods alone.

Adela turned herself invisible again and climbed one of the trees. She saw her team with the flag and run towards the water she smiled.

She used her power of flight and flew over to the water. She landed behind the tree line and made herself visable.

She heard the shouts of people and looked to see Luke and Chris with the flag. She smiled and ran over to them.

She ran up to him and hugged him. "Nice job, Luce." She said. "Thanks, baby." He said and pulled away. She high-fived Chris.

She looked over to Annabeth and Percy. She nudged Luke and he looked over at them. She pushed him into the water.

Adela chuckled. She actually shoved the kid into the water. "I taught her that." She told her boyfriend. "Yeah, I know." He said, putting his arm around her waist.

"What is wrong with you?" Percy shouted at her. He stood up from the water. He started healing. "I don't understand." He said. Everyone looked up to see a trident above his head.

"Your dad's calling." Annabeth said.

"Annabeth was right. Posiden is Percy's father." Adela quietly said. She noticed Luke tense up. She looked at him to see his jaw clenched.

She was the way Chris looked at him. She has a feeling that she was missing something but she couldn't pin point it. She ignored the bad feeling in her stomach, ignored the whispers in her mind and looked back at Percy.

He was claimed.

Claimed by one of the brothers in the big three. Zeus wouldn't like it. But word travels fast around here. By the end of the day almost everyone who was a hero or a monster would know his name:

Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon.

_______________________________

Authors note:

More of Adela and Annabeth!

Sorry this wasn't the best and short.

I said Adela had a plan before and I
forget it but we got to see more of
their friendship.

I'm trying to make it not just all be
about Luke and have him in
every scene but...

Luke and Adela have a date next chapter!