finding skills

Luke was walking next to Adela, with Percy a few steps behind them. She looked at him. "You okay?" She asked him. He looked over at her and softy smiled.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" He asked. "I don't know, I feel they dumped this kid on you and you have to teach him everything."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't mind. I want to help him. He's lost and needs someone by his side. A friend." Luke said. Adela noticed his heart skip a beat but she ignored it.

"I think it's sweet of you." She said, reaching for his hand. "Thanks." He said.

"Hey, guys." Percy said. They stopped and looked behind them. "What are we gonna do now?" He asked them. They looked at each other. "Your pick." Adela said to Luke.

"Forge?" He asked her. She nodded.

"What's that?" Percy asked. "Blacksmith. Wanna make a sword?" Luke asked. Percy hesitated and tilted his head. "Don't worry. It's easy. You'll have no problem doing it." She said.

Adela was wrong. Percy managed to fling the sword, nearly hitting a kid and onto a pile of cloth and it started on fire. Luke grabbed him and they ran away from the scene.

Percy started taking off his gear. "How did you manage to do that?" Adela asked in an amusement. He quickly took off his google and apron. "I have no idea. It just happened." He said

"It was hilarious. That was more amusing than that time when I nearly drowned Luke." Adela said laughing.

Percy quickly turned his head to Luke. "What?" Luke shrugged his shoulders. "We've had an interesting relationship." He said. "Clearly."

Adela stopped laughing after a few seconds. "So what's next? Another skill or food?" She asked. Luke looked at Percy. "Want to eat something?"

"Yeah, I'm actually kind of hungry." He admitted. "Same. I'm with Percy on this." She said. She grabbed Luke's arm and basically dragged them to the mess hall.

They grabbed their food and sat at a table. Luke and Chris sat on one side and Percy and Adela sat on the other side. Percy was asking a lot of questions. "Is there a Greek god of disappointment? Maybe someone could ask him if he's missing a kid." He said.

Adela quietly chuckled.

This kid was adorable.

"Oizys... but she's a goddess. And her whole thing isn't really disappointment, it's more like failure." Chris explained. Adela looked at him. "Aw, look who knows his Greek." She teased.

Chris just looked at her. "We're gonna find the thing that you're good at. I know it." Luke told him and Adela smiled at Percy.

A bell went off and they got up. "Our turn."

"Our turn for what?" Percy asked. "Burnt offerings. The gods like the smell, so it gets their attention before you say a prayer." Luke explained to him.

"They like the smell of burnt Mac & cheese?"

"They like the smell of begging." Chris said, walking away. "You burn what you'll miss the most. Then they know you really mean what you're about to say, so they listen." Luke told him and they walked away from the table.

Later on, Luke and Adela were in her cabin. He sat on her bed while she laid on his lap, her head against his leg that he had up. They talked while he played with her hair.

"You think he'll be okay?" Adela asked him. He looked down at her. "Percy?" He asked and she nodded. He sighed. "The first few weeks are hard but he'll adjust just fine." He said.

He looked closed at her face. "Why do you ask?" She looked up at him. "I don't know. I have this feeling that something is going to happen. I don't know if it's a good or a bad feeling."

He adjusted his body and leaned more against the wall. "When did you start getting these feelings?" He asked her. She shrugged her shoulders.

"I've always had them, I guess. I don't know how to explain it but sometimes I hear someone talking in my head or I can sense a persons heartbeat and body language." Adela said.

Luke froze. She noticed. "Like what's happening now." She said, sitting up, her hair falling in front of her. He put his arm out and moved her hair out of her face and behind her back.

"You never told me about them. That's all." He said, his eyes scanning over her face. She looked between his eyes. "Don't you have any questions about it?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. So you can tell when someone is lying? Is that it?" He asked. She nodded. "Yes, I can tell by the change of the octave in the voice change, heartbeat, skin heating up, and a few more things. But to answer your question, no, that's not all I can do."

He smiled and nodded. "Are you going to tell me the rest?" Luke asked. "No, I'm not. With my strengths comes my weakness's. And I don't want it to get out." Adela told him.

He leaned closer to her. "You can trust me." He said, his body temperature slightly raising. "I know but I'm still not going to. No one knows. Not even Chiron and I want to keep it that way."

Luke put his hand on her face. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I'm just curious, that's all." He said and she leaned her head into his hand. "And if it gets out I will protect you." He said. Adela smiled. "Really?" She asked.

"Always."

She leaned into him and kissed him and then pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"I will always protect you, Adela Kinsley."

_______________________________

Authors note: important charter
understanding.

This shit is killing me and
I'm the one writing it.

Anyways, here's to another year of
living and not kms.

Anyways, Adela's healing power is called
'Vitakinesis.' Children of Apollo can
sense one's heartbeat and and body temp.
They can inflict illness to kill others, and
even transfer it from an arrow to a person.

Adela will also have the power to see in
the future but vaguely. (She doesn't know
about Luke) they also can foresee potential
future attacks and prophecies.

Adela will also be able to fly and turn invisible.

Courtesy of fanon wiki and uncle Rick.

Thanks for reading!