bright sun

The sun woke Adela up. She noticed it was brighter than usual. Maybe it really was a sign from her father. Everyone else in the cabin also noticed it. It wasn't just her.

She got up from her bed and went to the showers. She kept changed into her favorite pair of black jeans with a plain black long sleeve shirt.

She added her gold necklace with a mini sun on it. She kept Luke's ring on. She put on her black converse and put her hair into two braids.

Adela walked out of the golden camp and walked down to the water and stared out at the sun. All she could think about was her fathers words.

'Remember who you are, remember who you stand with.' She recalled. Whatever that meant.

She looked directly at the sun. It definitely was brighter than any other day. She heard footsteps from behind her and felt the person's body heat next to her. She didn't have to see who it was.

She knew it was Luke.

"Have you noticed the sun's brighter today?" She asked. Luke looked at it as Adela looked at him. He was squinting at the sun. "I mean, it's 9. The suns always bright at this time." He said, looking back at her.

Of course he doesn't notice. He's not an Apollo kid. He couldn't stare at the sun for more than a few seconds with it hurting his eyes.

"You look beautiful today." Luke said. She smiled at him. "Thank you." She replied. She turned her body to him. He looked at her. He noticed her necklace. He reached his hand out and grabbed it. "You're wearing that necklace again."

"Yeah. I thought I'd put it on again." She said.

He kept his eyes on it, rubbing his thumb over it. "You haven't worn it since the winter solstice." He pointed out. She nodded. "It was just sitting in my jewelry box." Adela said. "So I thought I'd wear it today." She said he hummed in response while he let go of the necklace and looked back at her face.

Luke remembered she hadn't worn it since the night he stole the bolt and the helm.

"You want to go get breakfast?" He asked and she nodded. "I'd like that. I didn't go to dinner last night. I was reading and I feel asleep." She said as he grabbed her hand and they walked away.

"I'm not surprised." He said with a small laugh.

They got their food and sat down and started eating. "Wait, so you feel asleep while reading your book? Dinner was at 5." Luke said.

Adela nodded her head. "Yeah, I was just really tired and I feel asleep. I didn't mean to but my body just needed to rest." She said.

She didn't want to tell him that Apollo talked to her. She didn't want him asking questions she didn't even know the answers to.

And he hasn't exactly been truthful with her. But Luke and Adela talked it out and they've been good ever since.

"You didn't miss much. Chris was just talking about random things." He said. She smiled at her plate. "Yeah, then I'm glad I didn't come." She said and he chuckled.

There was silence over them.

"Luke, how did you remember I haven't worn my necklace since the week of the winter solstice?" She asked him.

He shrugged his shoulders, playing with his food. "I'm just observant. You wore it for the field trip, to feel closer to your father." Luke explained.

"Yeah, you're right." She said, her mind going back to that time.

During the trip Luke was a chaperon. Adela was also one. They watched over the group that they were assigned to together.

Adela did it because she was the older camper and because she liked the responsibility of taking care of the younger kids. She took a liking to it.

And Luke did it for her. But she didn't know he had something else in mind.

When Adela was packing she heard her father's voice. 'Take the necklace. Don't fall asleep.' Apollo said to her. She had never heard him speak to her so openly.

It was always whispers in her mind.

Adela at the last second grabbed her necklace and put it on. She grabbed her bag and walked out of her cabin.

Once they arrived they got their group together and started telling them the rules.

It went by smoothly. The night that they stayed they Luke and Adela made sure everyone was asleep.

They were next to each other. "You can get some sleep, Adela. I'll keep watch for a little while." Luke said, leaning his arms against his knees.

Adela looked at him. "Okay, if you need me, wake me up." She said. He nodded and looked away from her. She pulled the blanket over her body and laid her head on her pillow.

Half an hour went by and she heard Luke get up. She opened her eyes to see him walking away from everyone.

Adela didn't think much of it. Luke probably heard something and went to check it out. She didn't get up and follow him.

If he needed her, he would have woken her up.

The next morning they packed everything up and left back for camp.

After they got done eating he walked her back to the Apollo cabin. "Are you going to stay here?" She asked him.

"Nah, I have something that I need to do. But after I'm done and come back." Luke said.

"Okay." She said.

Luke kissed her and walked out.

She then went over by Ophelia and they started talking. "That's a cute necklace." She said. Adela looked down at it.

"It's from our father. I got one on my fifteenth birthday. But don't worry. You'll probably get one too." She said.

"But that's three years away." Ophelia said.

Adela smiled at the girl. "Time goes by fast. It'll be sooner than you think." She said.

"What are your plans for the day?" Ophelia asked her. "Um, nothing really. Why, what are you going to do?" Adela asked back.

"Well, I was going kayaking with Kayla but she doesn't feel good. So I was just going to hang out with Drew." The younger girl said.

Adela smiled. "Is it a date?" She asked and her face got red. "No! It's not." She said.

Adela laughed. "I'm joking. I'm only giving you a hard time." She said.

All of a sudden they heard a loud noise and screams of the campers.

______________________________

Authors note:

Cliffhanger...

Sorry the flashback sucked.
I tried my best to write something
from the little information from
the books.

Okay so Luke didn't mention the attack at
camp but I'm putting it in anyways.

But that episode was sooooo good.
Percabeth was percabething.