talking in your sleep

Two days had gone by and everything was normal at camp half-blood. Luke and Adela talked out their problems and everything was good with them.

But he still didn't tell her the truth about what he did and what's about to unfold the next few days.

Adela was in the Apollo cabin reading one of her father's books. She was grateful that he provided books for her and her brothers and sisters.

She was alone because everyone else was eating dinner. She didn't have an appetite so she didn't go. She didn't feel like socializing with anyone.

The sun was going down so the only light in the cabin were the string of lights hung from the ceiling and the walls to match the aesthetic of the golden cabin. Candles were also lit from certain spots in the room.

She didn't want to be biased but it was the camps most beautiful cabin.

Adela had Luke's sweater and sweatpants on while she was in bed. Her hair was up in a bun so it wasn't in her face while she read.

Reading was one of her favorite hobbies to do at camp. She just had the herself, the words on the page and nothing else.

It was an escape from reality. She only had the characters and stories with her during the time.

All she could hear were the sounds of nature. It was the most beautiful and peaceful time. That's why she liked camp. The opportunities, friends, no outside world to worry about.

Minutes had passed and Adela tried to stay awake but she couldn't stay awake. Sleep was calling to her. So she closed her eyes.

'Sleep, my little arrow. Be ready for tomorrow. Remember who you are. Remember who you stand with.'

Adela quickly opened her eyes and looked around the room to find no one there. She looked down at her book. She looked closely at it.

-Apollo.

She turned the page and turned it back. It was gone. Her father's name was written in ink was there for a second and then it disappeared.

Her father talked to her. It was one of the few times she has ever heard his voice. She would mainly hear his voice in whispers in her head.

But never in Adela's sleep.

And never more than a sentence.

Unlike that one night.

She closed her book and set it on her nightstand. She pulled the covers over herself and laid down. She reached down and turned off her night light.

She thought it was cute because it was the shape of the sun, for Apollo. It was the small details that she loved. She felt closer to him.

But he was sending Adela a message. Maybe even a warning. She put trust in him and fell asleep. Getting rest for tomorrow and for whatever it may bring.

______________________________

Authors note:

I know, I know. It's short.

It was a filler until we see Luke again
tomorrow. I literally cannot wait for
the episode. It looks so good.

As always, thank you guys for reading!