date night

After the win they celebrated by going on a date. Chiron allowed them to, just as long as they didn't do anything that would be disgraceful.

Adela changed into a black pair on jeans and put on a plain white shirt. She walked over to the Hermes cabin and waited for Luke.

Not even two minutes of waited he came out with a basket in his hands, a backpack, and two swords. "Ready?" He asked her. She nodded. "Yep." She said. He grabbed her hand and they walked away.

They arrived at one of the unclaimed cabin in the middle of the woods. It wasn't much. Just an empty space with a table, a bed, and bookshelf full of books.

He set the basket down and started taking out some of the food that was in there. "No offerings?" She asked him. He shook his head. "No, not today." He said. After he got everything out they sat down and started eating.

"What was your assignment during capture the flag? I didn't see you out there." He asked. She looked up at him. "I was just scanning the area and disarming the red team. It wasn't much but it was something." She said.

"We could have used you with us." He said.

"I wish I was with you and Chris and the others but Annabeth specifically wanted me on my own. She had a bigger plan in motion." Adela said.

"And what was that?" Luke asked. She shrugged her shoulders. "Using Percy as bait to draw out Clarisse and the others so you could get the flag."

Luke nodded and smiled, looking at his plate. "I see." He said and she nodded. "Yeah, I thought it was wrong. The kid has been here less than a week and he has had no training and he got hurt pretty bad."

"He did heal though, when Annabeth pushed him in the water." He said. Adela chuckled. "And if he didn't, I would've had too." She said.

"Percy is in this whether he likes it or not. He's gonna have things coming for him." Luke said, taking a bite of his cracker.

Adela looked at him. That definitely didn't sound right to her but maybe he was talking how dangerous the monster are. I mean, they are Adela thought there was more to his words. "Okay, let's not talk about Percy any more." Luke said and Adela nodded.

"Did you know that this is our first proper date since we've been together?" She asked him.

"Yeah, I did. I thought I'd do something nice for you. A private picnic away from everything." He said. Adela smiled. "I appreciate that you put the thought into it." He smiled back at her. "Of course. I'd do anything for you."

"We're staying the night also. I've have pillows and blankets, and candles for the night." Luke said. "That'll be nice. Sleeping with no one. Away from the boys that snore all night." She said and he laughed. "You're lucky I don't snore."

"That's good. Otherwise I'd probably kick you in your sleep if you did." Adela said. "I wouldn't doubt it." He said, tilting his head.

They finished eating and he gave her extra clothes to swim in. They walked through the woods and arrived at the river. He took off his shirt and he pushed her in the water. He jumped in shortly after.

She splashed the water and yelled at him. He chased her and grabbed a hold of her. She jumped on his back and he threw her off. She then grabbed him and pushed him back and he went underneath.

He came up for a breath and they continued to splash each other and just have fun.

A time they barely had to do. They enjoyed not having anyone around and going by the rules.