Hourglass of Time - [Fate]

As i gaze outside the makeshift base, my mind were clouded by thoughts regarding the future

Will humanity be able to overcome this obstacle.

To rid the deadly disease. Oripathy?

To put an end to the ridiculous cycle of hatred.

Will i be able to see her again.

Every time that i tried to close my eyes and fall asleep.

That scenario plays in my mind.

A horrifying vision that keeps tormenting both my heart and mind.

Nightmares that will make me go insane.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The sound of the fire crackles echoes, as well as the footsteps of a white cautus.

"FrostNova."

Don't talk to me." Yelena, A.K.A FrostNova leader of the Yeti Squadron with her usual icy self, coldly she stated as the man sighed knowing he just wants her to listen.

"I know, you don't trust me as I was a former merc. I understand that. But when did i ever lie to you and Reunion?"

A sigh broke from her lips, true thanks to the intel that he is providing... They were able to survive from the tyranny of Ursus soldiers.

"I still don't understand what your reason on doing this. We are infected, and you're not. You're kind are not welcome here."

She sat on the log staring at the fire made. As the man took out a stick of cigarette.

A glare came from the cautus, noticing the icy aura, before he lits it. "Against smoking?"

"It just shortens your lifespan."

Ryo chuckles and puffs out the smoke. "It's my way of coping life."

He huff another round and this time answered his reason of joining the Yeti Squadron... Exhaling the smoke.

"To avoid the inevitable."

Looking at the sky above, stars shines and then asked a question. "FrostNova, do you believe that you can change your Fate?"

She doesn't answer and thought about it, her past. Before she suffered. FrostNova was the daughter of the noble betrayed by Ursus and executed her family, only to left her rotten at the mines. Which she have contracted Oripathy.

"No. If this is about me before becoming infected. There's nothing what i could do at that time."

Scared and helpless, until she was found by the great Patriot, her adopted father.

"As long as you put your mind and will into it... You will." Ryo answered as he threw the used cigarette off.

"Ridiculous. You will never know what your own fate is, and how to counter it." She sighed, the topic is nothing but stupidity.