(Chapter 9) - Savior

Ryo's POV

There was one thing precious when i was a child. back in my old world...

I was at the forest gazing at the night sky filled with shining stars...

It was thanks to that man who saved me from that blizzard... At that time i was abused by family, they didn't treat me like their own son, instead i was like their own slave...

That man who saved me was a killer, but i don't care about that... Thanks to him i was able to live again...

And i idolized him. my second dad. he taught the things that i needed to learn on life... Until one night...
As i was gazing at the stars he asked me. "What does it takes to save everyone?"

Now as for me i couldn't understand what he meant since i was still 9 years old at that time... but deep down even a kid can understand that is a cool dream that he was talking about...

"I don't know dad?" I answered confused... while he laughs at me... "Son. it is the cost of your life."

"The cost of your life?" I repeated what he said but in a questioned manner... "You will soon get it in the future. now let's go back to training..." He says so and went back to our camp as i followed him from behind...

I want to become a hero just like him. those wish has been engraved at my heart since he once saved me...

But as i reached 12, he left me behind for an important mission and never came back... And thanks to his friend I was able to become a mercenary...

Though i know it's dirty, but i was raised by him so i will do everything what he teaches me...

I came to know some good friends when i was deployed at our first mission... At first i don't want to socialize since i wasn't interactive with people...

Turns out it was the opposite since i met my very first partner... That was when i was 17 years old...

It is a very Hypocritic of me to say this, but i like being a mercenary... still... that question still lingers inside of my mind...

"What does is take to save everybody?"

That is to give up your own life...

And i have goddamn understood it... I was betrayed set up by the higher ups... And one by one i couldn't save my precious comrades...

They all died... and i was left alone... I couldn't save everyone dear to me... The ambition of being a hero slowly twists and turns into revenge...

I killed, Killed... KILLED! Just to satisfy myself... And my last fight... I've won somehow...

And ended up in this world as a second chance after paying the price...

I didn't die from that guy...

Instead i took my own life...

To erase my dirty existence from that world...

Waking up to this world... called Terra made me think a bit... Is this my second chance?

Thinking of my time here in Terra. i used to be with my little sister W. My childhood friend Yumi... Until now... i am just a killer... That thing doesn't changes about me...

But... seeing this world in suffering made a spark in my mind... "I'll create a cure..." that's what i thought...And i will...

That's why i continued to kill until now...It is the only way to continue your survival...

The 27 years i spend here had made me realize... "I'll save everyone... That's why I'll give everything I've got even if it cost me my life..."

I finally understand those words... Thank you Dad...