(Chapter 2) - Identity

Skadi's POV

While Ryo is making a call, i examined how well his hideout is... This takes a lot of money to build it in a cave...

I finished drinking my hot coco and went to the next room where he was taking a call since i want to ask where the kitchen is...

And it's a coincidence that at the room i saw a lot of equipments...

He smacked the table all of a sudden... i thought he saw me peeking out... but it's not...

"Since when are you going to leave me alone?!" He answered very angry at his caller...

"I'm not going to stop bugging my sweet Ryo, until you join here... fufu~" Thanks to my ability, my senses are enhanced and i could hear the conversation...

"What a pain... My answer is still no... If i join you my work from 15 years ago is not worth it..." Ryo calms his voice as he sighed...

15 years ago?

"You still want to save her? even though you knew that she's working for them?" From that voice, i bet it's a woman that he's talking to...

"She's not just any girl, she's my precious sister! And that doesn't mean you have nothing to do in any of it." His words became toxic all of a sudden...

"I couldn't do much about it, since i have inherited my Father's role..." She said in a gentle manner... "That doesn't change the fact that you left us alone..." he grits his teeth and controlled his anger...

"I plan to make it up to you... but Reunion had made a move before we knew it... Our sources went wrong on something..." as she said that... Ryo ended up the call after saying... "What an immature excuse..."

He turns around and saw me staring at him... "Sorry i didn't mean to eavesdrop..."

"That's fine i plan to tell you everything after the call..." he says.

I gave a curious look at the room... Seems like tools for experimenting... I saw a lot of vials, Test tubes, etc... And some Orignium...

"What are those?" i asked and he smiles...

"Currently doing what a doctor should do in times of an outbreak..." he then took some papers out of his coat and gave it to me...

"What's this?"

"You do know you can read..." he answered in sarcasm and i just rolled my eyes and read the content...

"A contract?" "Let's say I'll hire you today as my assistant..." he suggested... "Is that so? but i refuse..." i answered and he raised an eyebrow...

"Heh? And i was looking forward to give away my LMD..." My ears slowly tickles as he yawn...

"3,000,000 LMD pfftt... don't make me laugh... You do know that they can scam you... So how about i double that LMD" He raised two of his fingers...

6,000,000 LMD?!

He chuckles after seeing my surprised reaction... and threw me a sign pen...

I caught it and signed the contract... he smiles and offered a handshake...

"Glad you accept my offer then..." he gave a devious smile and i nod... Just how can do...

Ryo's POV

Hm... Its getting late... well i can't send her off since it's still raining heavily...

In the meantime I'll fix my coat later... "Is Instant noodle good for you?" i asked Skadi as she just nodded...