Chapter 1: In The Small Town

5 years after

The morning starts at 5:00 am in the small town of Cheon Seong. Men and women of the southern coast part of South Korea wake up early to start their work. The sun wasn't rising, yet elderly and adults made their way to the coast.

In the small town of Cheon Seong, most of the people's livelihood comes from their crops, fishing, and trades. Only those capable or some people call them middle classes can build small businesses like groceries, convenience stores, and small restaurants, and only one family has a resort on a nearby white sand beach called Sandcastle which was owned by Jeon Family.

Everyone who was born and raised in the town knows each other. It was so small that every household could fit in a school gymnasium.

It is so small, that everyone knows their lives, and rumors spread like wildfire. Just like how a beautiful woman with glowing skin in the burning sizzles of the sun is followed by gossiping eyes, the old ladies stare at her as she walks out of her Hyundai car.

"Look it's Lisa, she's going to buy food at chaeyoung's convenience store,"

"How does she maintain her beautiful figure if she's that unhealthy to wake up later than 10 am!"

"Don't you it's true that she's a witch?"

"Lisa helped me with my bags, she's a good woman!"

"She's also very mysterious, she just came here all of a sudden and seduced all of the men even those married!"

"Is it her fault that she's pretty?! Aigoo aigoo!"

"I'm just saying, she looks like a enchantress,"

"Ya! Stop that? How can that beautiful girl be a witch or an enchantress?! Are you out of your mind?!"

"Let's just go back to the house,"

"Aigoo aigoo~ this old woman, we are too old to gossip about beautiful girls,"

Everyone indeed loves gossip. It's the sense of being in a social group talking unserious things about everyone they see on the street, but the old women of Cheon Seong do it every minute of the day. And some of it, spreads lies on the entire place, especially if it's about the mysterious enchantress that makes every man in this village turn whenever she walks by.

"Thank you for your purchase, come back again later babe~"

Lisa stared at the finger of the brunette woman wearing a blue hat, who was handing over her receipt. She abruptly scoffed at the cashier's newly sharpened nails in maroon-red glitter with gems on the side.

She took the receipt and said, "How do you open cans with those nails? It's sharper than my pencil,"

The cashier hissed at her friend, "Aish! This cost me 4000 won! Don't mock my precious nails!"

Lisa chuckled, "Chaeyounga, you could kill someone with those nails,"

"Good, cuz I can kill someone if they snatch my Eunwoo away!" Chaeyoung pointed her gun finger towards her boyfriend who was drinking coffee on the other side of the convenience store heard it.