Chapter 15: Nothing More

Sundown in the heights of Busan. KBA team, Lisa, Eunwoo, and Chaeyoung decided to eat at a nearby Korean barbecue grill. At first, the ambiance feels strange. It feels like they've been forced to sit at one table. Conversations were divided. However, out of all people — is the ex-couple who talks and eats fine; chit-chatting like the walkout Lisa did at his performance wasn't a big deal. Like it

Chaeyoung felt kind of mixed about the matter, with a little bit of disheartened by Jungkook's silence and the fact that his silence felt eerie and that she was annoyed by it.

She is so confused that she resorts to drinking to remove all thoughts away from her mind.

"YA! Come to my birthday on Saturday!"

Lisa, Eunwoo, and Jungkook paused to their surprise when Chaeyoung stood up from her seat with invitations in her hand. They didn't even know she still had those invitations or brought them.

"Chagi careful!" Eunwoo worriedly said after seeing her wobbly walks towards Yugyeom first giving them invitations. Chaeyoung responded with a giggle.

"The table I booked was for 20 people but it's just us and some of my college friends, so if you're not busy you can come!~" Chaeyoung said.

"Saturday is in three days right?" Taemin asked them while Jungkook nodded to him staring at the invitation in her hand.

"Happy Birthday Chaeyoung," Yugyeom said.

"Thank you! You guys can be there at 8 pm!" Chaeyoung said after giving the last invitation to Taehyung.

"Wait, it's in Royale?" "That's a bar," Mingyu read the invitation.

"Yes, and?" "We're adults," Chaeyoung chuckled before returning to her seat next to Eunwoo.

"I mean, yes we are adults, I just didn't think girls like you also love going to clubs," Mingyu explained.

"We don't usually go to clubs since we're busy most of the time," Lisa answered, "And I guess there's nothing wrong with having fun occasionally right?"

"Yeah, that makes so much sense, sorry about the confusion," Mingyu said.

"It's fine, but I expect you there tomorrow alright?" Chaeyoung giggled, clearly drunk.

"We'll be there," Taehyung said with a smile, "Everything is on me tomorrow,"

That gained a lot of attention including Chaeyoung who was shocked to hear about her birthday expenses. It's like a ring of bells.

"Wait what?" Lisa looked back at him.

"She's your best friend, so, naturally, I should bring a gift to her birthday, you girls can have fun, and I'll handle everything," "Sky's the limit," Taehyung offered.

Lisa shook her head, "Taehyung that's too much, I know you're filthy rich but we can handle ourselves," before mouth 'stop doing that'

"Lili please, just let me handle this one time," "It's been so long since we got together," Taehyung pleaded with his eyes.

"It's not my decision to make," "Chaeyounga, say something," Lisa asked for her friend's help but she too was too shocked.

However, even if she is drunk and the offer is too good. She cannot turn her back to her pawn. She looked at Jungkook who was just attentively listening, turning his gaze to who was talking. Definitely no. She cannot let the knight win the heart of the Queen! Especially when she can see her pawn about to get checkmate!

She swallowed, "Lisa is right,"

"It's a good offer but I've already deposited a consumable fee and added extras because I know I wouldn't be sane when I leave the club," "So.. thanks but no thanks," Chaeyoung excused.