Chapter 7: Push & Pull

What would you do if you saw someone dealing with nightmares?

Would you ignore them and move on with your life?

Or would you rather wake them up to ease them?

Lisa knows well how bad it is, every time her mind a drift to her mother for one day, she would eventually have nightmares the following nights. She understood how bad her heart would shatter to pieces and her eyes ended up crying for long hours because she can't get the trauma out of her mind. And seeing Jungkook experiences nightmare right in front of her eyes, somehow making her own kind of nightmares going back in.

When he's trying to reach out his hand to something, asking for his father's too reach. She reached out to him without any much thinking, what she wanted was to wake him up from his misery.

"Andwae!"

But instead, he woke up by himself, accidentally gripping on her wrist that she could feel her muscle ripping and her bone is going to break.

As Jungkook shouted his despair, she was forced to sit on the coffee table after being pulled with him. And even though she hated his teaseful manner and swore her life to hate him forever, his tears on the side of his cheek touch her soft heart.

She sympathizes him.

She understood quite well how painful it is to lose a parent. She was there on his father's funeral, seeing him in his most vulnerable moment of his life. His father is a great man, a man who would apologize in his son's stead.

She remembered quite well what he said on that day he apologized,

"Lisa-ssi, please forgive my son, he's as immature he was since he's a kid," his father chuckled that his eyes is almost closed.

"But he is a good man as you get to know him," His father held her hand and said, "Please get along well so he wouldn't be lonely without me."

That was five years ago, now he is gone, Jungkook changed drastically in a small amount of time. He was still playful but not as much as before. He was full of dreams, now those dreams are gone as he just follow the flow of the current of the water with no direction.

He is lost, he doesn't care if his father's hard work business gone by away from his hands, because of one reason. His mother.

That woman never liked her, she remembered Jungkook's last birthday on his house. His mother glared at her like in disgust, she even once brought up a rumor that Lisa might be seducing Jungkook's father but everything was debunked. She hated her too, Just like Jungkook did. However, she knew Jungkook's hatred is not as shallow as her, she knew it was deeper than any water.

But even if that is the case, his grip is tightening that she flinched so she had to call him out,

"Can you let go of my arm now?"

She watches him as he paused with his eyes wide open staring at his hand gripping on wrist. He turn to her side in seconds before he removed his grip a little harsh, she frowned, "W-What are you doing here?"

Lisa rubbed her arm he gripped on. It feels better on her wrist but his stare is getting uncomfortable for her but she doesn't know how to leave the situation. All she did is to avoid his eyes and relax her rapid heart.

"Y-You're having a nightmare," She stuttered, still in pain but never shows it. She looked at the yakult on the table, avoiding his eyes before unconsciously giving it to him to ease out the awkwardness between them.

"Here," Lisa gave him one of her yakult, "It's still cold, it'll refreshen you up a bit, it's quite hot today,"

"T-Thanks," Jungkook stuttered in response, he took the drink from her nonetheless.