Chapter 9: You Were Her

A/N: Flashback

A happy Jungkook hurriedly went back from Seoul, his training for KBA ended, and was picked to be the first-ever rookie to be placed on the first five to play in the upcoming FIBA World Cup.

Excited to share the news with his father, he didn't mind running in the puddles and the raindrops that soaked him. All he wanted was to go back home and let his father hear the overwhelming news.

"Young master you came back early and you're soaking wet!"

"Ajumma, Where's dad?" He asked the first maid he saw from the front door.

"He-He's with madam in his office," The maid said.

Jungkook immediately went inside their house towards the right-side spiral marble staircase from the foyer. He ran past the guest rooms towards the end of the hallway where his father's office was. He held the knob of the open door of his office to open it completely when he heard his mother shout inside.

"Let's end this..."

Jungkook stopped as soon as he heard, he let go of his hands on the knob and pushed the slightly open door gently to see his parents arguing near the fireplace.

"You and I are fairly different person come from different backgrounds, you get it already, right? right now all I want is to be set free from this cruel life,"

"What are you talking about? You and I both know that we decided to start this family," His father argued back, "I never forced you to marry or forced you to do things without your consent," "In fact, I don't think I've restricted you with anything you wanted, and even set Sandcastle's standard to meet yours.."

"Whatever standard that is, it is not the same as giving me the happiness that I wanted!" "I never wanted to marry you! I never wanted a child!"

Mr. Jeon looks at her in displease, his eyes are as wide as the sky. He couldn't believe what he just heard. "H-How can you.. how can you say that to your child?!"

"My child?!" Jungkook's mother pitched her voice as she pointed at her, "You're the only one who wanted that child! You trapped me with him and I've already given you what you wanted isn't that enough?!"

"If you want to leave so badly then do so! Don't put our son into your reasonings!" "He is innocent!"

"After my sacrifices for you. this," Mr. Jeon matched his wife's striking gaze, he scoffed at the thought that 24 years ago, this woman wanted to be with him and now she would curse him away,

"Wae? Does he make you happy?"

Jungkook grew his eyes from shock as his feet backed away from the open door. He couldn't believe what his father just said, that his mother had someone else.

"M-Mwo?" His mother backed away, caught off guard.

Mr. Jeon chuckled but deep inside his heart crumpled, "I know you've been seeing him for five years," "So don't give me that innocent look because you're not,"

"Right.." His mother nodded, "He's making me happy, so let's end this," "So let's have a divorce,"

"Divorce? Are you asking for a divorce? I should be the one asking for the divorce!" "You're the one who cheated on me!" Mr Jeon chuckled sarcastically.