Chapter 12: Once Was

"Jungkook, pass the ball!"

Dribbling the rounded red ball, he heard his teammate's voice on the left corner of their court. He eyed him as he observed the position of their opponent — dispersed from the five of them, one desperate small forward opponent blocks his way from the center. There's a slight chance that if he breaks their defense, he can jump high for a layup.

It is too risky to attack on his own. However, their score is an advantage. There's only 10 seconds left on his time, 15 seconds to the game. If he passes the ball to his teammates a milliseconds before his time ends, and breaks through to the center, and gets the ball once again.

There will only be 5 seconds left for him to end the game without giving the ball back to the opponents.

He signaled all his teammate to break their defense with his finger. The teammate on the left read his thoughts, and it's only 3 seconds left before he passed the ball to him. The ball was passed, and Jungkook Rans moved forward in an offensive attack. He didn't give much force to break the barrier toward the center before he jumped high while his teammate passed the ball back to him.

His grip held onto the ball and in a fast movement he threw it on the board before it fell swiftly onto the basket, the same time the timer ended and they won.

*buzz!*

"Aigooo!" Their opponents clicked their tongues in defeat. No one can go against Jungkook's strategies. No one ever did.

"Good game hyunga! I'll invite my teammates over next time!" Jungkook bows his head. He's in a hurry to go home, "but I have to go!"

"Be sure to bring them over here!" His playmates wave their hands goodbye.

"Yeah, sure! I'll let them know!" Jungkook beamed them a smile before running back to his house as if he hadn't played for an hour. The court is just two blocks away from his house, and their friends might be in Busan right now. He planned to stay the night in Taehyung's villa.

As soon as he arrived at his house, he took a shower and pampered himself a little to relax his muscles.

"Where are ya'll?"

Jungkook asked his closest teammates in KBA on the phone who were on the way to Busan. He went out of his bathroom, fresh from a long bath after a good game. It wasn't as exhausting as his games, but it's better than nothing at all. Spring League is just around the corner so he needs to warm himself up for the next weeks.

And as the Spring League was about to start, his team decided to rent an apartment in Busan for the trainees. He was invited by Taehyung to stay with them in his massive villa for the duration of the games, but the meticulous him decided to stay in his house instead, rather than stick with all of them.

"Mwo?" Jungkook paused, "You're going here?"

"Yeah! Taemin, Mingyu, Taehyung, and I decided to visit your place after we settle our things in the apartment," "We'll try to convince Eunwoo to play in the Spring League," Yugyeom said laughing, all of them are in one bus to Busan including their trainees and other members.

"Sons of CEOs have nothing to do huh? He has a job," Jungkook chuckled, "But I'll tell Eunwoo about your visit, let's have some samgyupsal in his place later,"

"Aren't you renting his place?" Yugyeom asked.

"I mean he and his girlfriend's place, he lives in with his girlfriend now," Jungkook clarified, "I'll send you the location when you arrive in Busan, it wouldn't take you an hour to drive,"

"We just arrived at Taehyung's house! I'll tell taehyung about it, we will use his car," Yugyeom said after the bus stopped at the luxurious apartment complex.