Chapter 13: The Queen & Pawn

Once upon a time, there were two friends running around the vast beach front of their villas. They were building sand houses because they couldn't build castles. They weren't architects and engineers, in fact they were a mere children.  Whom basically thoughts things to play around with each other.

Few years have passed, these two children blossomed into a fine young man, and a beautiful young lady. They weren't as they used to like they're six. One who grew up genius in business like her descendants, and one who is foster his talent in singing and entertainment.

One went to international school and graduated earlier than her peers, and one became a young superstar of his generation. Both have different direction in life yet fate brought them back together.

A grand fate with their hands intertwined. Love was found unexpectedly.

"So.." Lisa stare at their fingers interlocked, she couldn't contain her smile.

"I know, I can't believe it," Taehyung watches her smile unfolded, her beautiful face brightened, "You're my girlfriend now,"

Lisa's face flushed, her cheeks heated up with all the butterflies erupting in her stomach, she whispered, "I..I'm your girlfriend,"

She look up at his eyes; glistening from the rays of sunset that made their confession even more heartwarming. She can still see his handsome face, so close, she could feel his ragged breathing.

It wasn't tense, more like he couldn't contain his heart bursting from their confession. He cannot believe she's his girlfriend now. His girlfriend.

"You're mine, Lisa,"

"And I'm always yours.."

It was the best thing that happened to him. Those single year they've been together was the best year of his life. She was his safeguard. His confidant. His world.

Time passed as those special memories became vague, but the feelings remains deep. Those cuts of yesterday, and those utter flutters of butterflies on his chest. He can feel it up to this date. Where the fine young woman that he love and always has been in love, is right in front of him.

Playfully laughing with people who seemed to know her more than he could be.

"Lisa,"

Her head turn so swiftly, his heart pounded rapidly by her unfading smile;

Oh her smile. Oh her eyes.

He couldn't believe all those insufferable years, he would be lucky enough to see those beautiful features of her. His memory of seeing her eyes shedding tears as she utter nonsense to break up with him.

Oh his heart, his heart wants to explode by seeing her. Her beautiful eyes gazes at him, shock to his presence yet her smile faded.

"Taehyung.."

"I don't want to see you anymore.." Right, she said those painful words. Those thorny words that prick each and every part of his body.  Yet he cannot blame her for saying those. Why oh why, it's been five years yet his heart still feel uneasy whenever he was reminded.

Just like tonight as she laid her eyes on him like he brought each and every world down to her, like the sky had fallen, and her eyes doesn't shine like she was while playing with her friends.

He swallowed dry as she pulled back from Jungkook who was confused as everyone does, even her girl friend who he thinks named as Chaeyoung; dropped her water gun.

"Lisaya.."

"I-I'm sorry.. I can't be here," Lisa walks away from her friends.

"Lisa where are you going?" Jungkook and Chaeyoung who had no idea what was going on was about to get her but Taehyung outruns them.