Chapter 18: Lies After Lies

"Okay listen up! The exhibition will continue for the second half of the final tournament," "Each team will be accompanied by one of the first five players of KBA on each set,"

The whole place got excited as especially the fortunate players who entered the final match. They never thought they will get to play with the best players in this country!

"I know you are all excited," the announcer chuckled, "For the blue team you will be accompanied by Mingyu on the 3rd round, and team red will be accompanied by Taemin," "On the final round is Jungkook for the blue team and Yugyeom for the red,"

The whole place applauds after the announcement was done. They envied both teams as they never thought the finals will be the exhibitions as well. They thought it was a separate match. Nevertheless, the teams who got into the finals deserved all these accomplishments and whoever wins the game surely will be given a spot in the list of trainees.

"Well then let the third round start!" The announcer shouted as the loud buzzer followed afterwards signaling that the third round is about to start.

Four of the members from each teams went inside the court. Mingyu and Taemin went to their respective teams as the game begins with a whistle from the referee. The third game went smoothly as the 10 minute round was in favor of the team red. It wasn't that much points of their advantage, four points only takes the blue team as one three point shot and a foul. Especially when they are against the rookie player of the year.

Celebrating is the least on their thoughts, nervousness was while staring at the KBA point guard also known as Jeon Jungkook. Records shown that even if they lost the final round on FIBA his status are higher than the MVP. He moves fast in a quick strategy and to go against him surely puts on their nerves.

"Ya Jungkook!"

Jungkook stood up from the ground where he spread his legs down to stretch out his sore muscle. "Mwo?"

"Be easy okay?" Yugyeom asked him yet Jungkook just gave him a smirk as he goes right next to him to give him a pat.

"Ya! You sneak! This is just a game," Yugyeom even felt the need to stretch his muscles out because the man he will go against hates losing. And surely that smirk is an answer to his nerves.

"A game is a game bro," Jungkook said on his sarcastic tone as he laughs going towards his teammates for the day to discuss their positions and takes the lead where they can taking advantage based on the previous sets before the game begin.

Clearly there are empty spots that he can take on especially on the three block corner of the opponent as well as the spot beneath the basket. Even Taemin and Mingyu failed to notice it while all of it were seen by his strategic sights.

"Let's focus on taking on the advantage first on the first minute, let's make sure to be safe to not take an offensive foul so they will not get a free shot," "Small forward and power forward will look for a way beneath the basket while the center will trap them in, I will pretend to be on the look out for a three point shot with the shooting guard but on the left corner give the last pass to the small forward to bring it to me," "Let's put everyone cornered so we can take advantage of their empty spots," Jungkook explained, "Understood?"

"Yes!" All four of them nodded their heads, sticking the strategy on their heads.

"Good, let's take the lead this time,"

The time has come as the buzz rings up the whole place, altogether the teams came to the losing side to start the game, and just as Jungkook thought no one ever saw how big of a gap their blockage was ever since the game started. Jungkook got the first ball to pass it to his team, he then asked to give it back to him to pass it on the center.