Chapter 10: Heat Chaser

Whistling to the random song on his playlist as he turns his car to Chaeyoung's store in the evening to eat dinner with them.

It's good to see the sun twice in a row, it's not that hot and it's not that cold, it's a good temperature to go out and play basketball since Spring League is right around the corner.

*ring* *ring*

He parked his car in one swift before he hopped out. He closed his car door as he received a call from his father's secretary. He answered the call, wondering why his secretary called this time.

"Secretary Yeon? you called," Jungkook happily answered.

"Good evening Young Master, I'm wondering if you're in Busan right now?" Secretary Yeon asked.

"Well technically, I'm in Cheon Seong right now, Why?" Jungkook got more curious.

"You see Sir.." "Your Mother.., was absent at the board meeting last week for the annual clean-up drive that has already been promoted since December last year, I received an email from her team that she's on vacation right now in Hawaii," Secretary Yeon sighed.

"She went for vacation when Sandcastle's clean-up drive is around the corner?" "What is she thinking? Don't the board members honor this volunteerism anymore?" "It is the most important reason why the first investor of Sandcastle signed this contract, what would he say if he was still alive," Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair, and his mood turned sour.

"I quite agree with you Sir, Unfortunately, Miss Kang wants to postpone the clean-up drive from next week to the last day of April, and says there's no budget after the recession,"

"Huh? Recession? Is the business failing?"Jungkook asked.

"No sir, but due to the slow economy on a recent harsh winter, Sandcastle reduced staff and expenses to lessen the budget and saved for the large number of guests coming during Spring until fall," "But Miss Kang didn't allot some budget for the clean up drive,"

"She knows it's been promoted since last year, the clean drive has to have its budget since it's a nonprofit event, and the finance team knows this tradition," Jungkook closed his eyes, this is the reason why she shouldn't have moved anything in Sandcastle. If only they gave him a chance to, this shouldn't have happened.

"Alright, layoff staff and limited budget is normal during winter, I get that, but the clean-up drive shouldn't be postponed, it has to be on the 3rd Sunday of March, it is written on the company rules section 10," Jungkook said, "tell the board of members that I will meet up with them tomorrow,"

"Absolutely Young Master, they are already expecting you to come to solve this problem," Secretary Yeon said.

"Good then they should be there at one in the afternoon, and inform the finance team that I need to see them after that," Jungkook said.

"Of course, thank you, Sir,"

Jungkook ended the call, with a little annoyance. He started his day right with a basketball match in the morning and now as the day is about to end, his mother once again ruined his mood.

He gets her idea to reduce staff, but to intentionally ignore the tradition of the Jeon? What is she doing? Does she want the main investor to remove their share? She's not thinking!

"Whatever," Jungkook shook his head, "I won't let her ruin my day,"

He made sure his car was locked as he walked slowly with an uplifting beat he had in his head. The park looked empty with only his car parked, he wondered if Lisa hadn't received the message that they would have dinner tonight at Eunwoo and Chaeyoung's place.