6.

Happy reading

First and Khaotung returned to the apartment at 2 AM, silently getting ready for bed in the same room.
View's question to First at the club had bothered Khaotung, but no more than Jun's story that First was currently at peace with his past.
After changing  his clothes, Khaotung then turned to look at First who was still busy unbuttoning his shirt while his back was to him.

"So where do you want to go for our vacation?"

Khaotung finally broke the silence.

"I'll go along, you asked me to." First replied as he took off his sweater then brought a water bottle for him to drink, the thirst and heat made him reluctant to sleep in his top clothes.

"You're picky, the place I'm going to choose might not suit you."

"Why does it have to be up to me? I don't have any place I want to go except.... Korea?"

Khaotung snorted, First and his boy band obsession.

"The beach? We can use the motorcycle, right?"

First nodded his head in agreement. "We went to the beach last year too, let's do it again."

First then flopped down on the messy mattress, too lazy to clean it up because it would be messy again at night anyway.
Khaotung watched as First began to close his eyes to sleep, the question of who exactly was making it difficult for First to forget had reached the throat stage, wanted to ask but was afraid First would get angry.

"First," Khaotung called.

"You didn't ask why I took you on vacation?" Khaotung asked.

"Because it's the end of the month and View is also going on vacation?" First replied with another question.

"You look sad, so I wanted to cheer you up."

First opened his eyes, then sat back down to face Khaotung. "Me?"

Khaotung nodded his head and then said that he had many questions for First, but Khaotung held back for fear that First would be uncomfortable.

"How can you conclude that I look sad?" First asked.

"Last night when you came to see Jun on my first day of work, your arrival was filled with an aura of sadness. I could see your shoulders dropping."

"You have nice eyes," First replied in a low voice. First didn't know that he had a body expression that was honest to his mood.

"Are you okay right now?"

That strange rustle came again, in the middle of this quiet night. At a vulnerable time when one would normally feel down, First got such a question from someone who started to enter his mind.
It felt warm, like finding a home to spill out all the stories he kept to himself.
The smooth stroke of Khaotung's hand gave an unusual sting to First's heart, it wasn't the first time they had physical contact but it felt different, warmer.

"I understand that Jun is your confidante, but I'm your best friend, right? We can share many things."

First remained silent with a frown beginning to appear on his forehead, why was Khaotung suddenly bringing Jun into the conversation at this time. "Did Jun say something to you?"

Khaotung recalled how heart-wrenching First's voice sounded. "I accidentally overheard your private conversation with Jun last night, it bothers me not to know right away."

"Not much, he only told me the conclusion."

First just sighed then laid his half-naked body back down on the bed, his eyes immediately closed again then told Khaotung to go to sleep.