007: trains suck (occasionally)

DEAR GOD, why do trains only have seats in rows of two or groups of six? Mina questioned herself as she shifted uncomfortably, careful not to touch the red-head next to her.

The overview of the situation was simple, there was a six seat group assigned to them by karasuma-sensei and 7 students, including mina, to be seated. So, as things naturally went because karma and her were the last ones to arrive, and kaede insisted on all of them remaining together, mina was uncomfortably squeezed in-between a certain red-head, who sat at the very end of the row next to the train aisle and okuda-chan, who sat in the middle of their three seat row.
(Then following sugino at the other very end of the row, and, of course, nagisa, kaede, and yukiko kanzaki on the row that was opposite of them)

They all chatted happily, excited for Kyoto, as the train was driving for about ten minutes. Only mina was struggling, determined not to let her thigh touch karma's after he had teased her about it when they sat down.

She finally found a position far enough from him to be okay, as she leaned back and crossed her arms, scoffing.

"uhm, a-are you doing okay, mina-chan?" Okuda asked as she noticed the stop in motion next to her.
She looked awkward with it too.

"Managing," mina mumbled under her breath before turning her head to okuda, giving her a quick, but kind smile. Karma smirked at that, which only made him receive a hit against his shoulder and a warning glare by mina.

Okuda would have to lie if she said she didn't feel her heart arch at the view next to her. She felt bad, considering that Mina had been nothing but kind to her and she was here, jealous of something she didn't even enjoy. Karma Akabane had been a secret crush of hers since the first harry Potter movie Came out, and even if she knew he'd never be with someone like her, she still had a little hope that they'd bump into eachother one day outside of school and he'd fall hopelessly in love with her. That hope was ultimately crushed as the cool, pretty, smart mina Hayashi joined their class. And that hope was spit on as that Mina Hayashi grew so close with her one sided love.

Kaede stopped her conversation with her friends, also making mina and okuda look at her as she clapped her hands. "Guys, I heard there's a vending machine at the end of the corridor. I'm starving, so just tell us what you want because me and kanzaki are definitely going. Oh! do you want to come along mina?" Kaede explained cheerfully as the brunette only shrugged. "Sure thing, I'm really thirsty anyway. What about you, okuda-chan?" She smiled as she held the shy girl's shoulder gently.

"O-Oh, I'm fine, you guys can go.."

"Alright then!" Mina said as kaede and kanzaki sneaked through the row of seats, nagisa making place for them, him and sugino explaining what they wanted as he handed her a couple of coins.

Mina still sat, seeking her wallet inside of the messenger bag under her seat as she got a grin from karma.

"Hey, princess~" he called out teasingly, making her turn her head to look at him. He now held three a-thousand-yen bills Infront of her face, making her raise an eyebrow.

"I want a strawberry milk," he spoke, smirking "pretty please. Just Buy whatever you want from the rest." He added, making mina roll her eyes, suppressing a smile, before grabbing the three notes and standing up to get to the other girls already waiting for her.

Kaede hugged the girl quickly before they started walking, passing multiple people from different schools, probably also having a field trip, on the way. As they entered a new corridor once again, mina accidentally stumbled into a tall, dark dressed highschooler a little older than them. She didn't get to apologise, as she got dragged away by kaede, but that guy definitely seemed weird.

___

As the friends sat in their seats again, everyone having some sort of snack or drink in Their hand. An open bag of crisps at one end of the table and a empty chocolate bar wrapped at the other hand, everyone came back to their own activities. Nagisa, kaede and sugino were playing a card game, kanzaki was drawing something, okuda was nervously watching the others and karma was commenting on the game once in a while, mainly just scrolling on his phone otherwise.
Mina had bought him the strawberry milk he had asked for. And, well, for herself she had only gotten a bottle of water and had chimed in for the bag of crisps everyone was sharing.

Karma internally frowned as she gave him 2330¥ back, seeing that she hadn't even used half of the money, but only sighed out loud, leaning back in his chair. His parents had money, too much in his opinion, and he didn't mind giving her it. Why didn't she understand?

Mina searched something inside of her bag, pulling out her phone (which definitely wasn't one of the cool newer models Rio or Marie had, but was the only affordable one. And perfectly fine for mina,(if she might add) and white earphones.

As she unwrapped them and plugged them in, a familiar hand waved Infront of her face again, making her frown.
"What is it this time, Akabane?" She asked, making his grin grow even bigger.

"You know, I think you should really let me listen along. After all, you technically owe me. Also, poor, poor, me just forgot his headphones at home! Isn't that a Shame? On a three hour train ride!" He stated dramatically, hiding his smirk from the unsure girl.

"You won't like my music." She spoke bluntly after sighing, almost making it sound like a question.

"Nah, I will. Trust me." He answered, making eye contact. He sounded genuine, weirdly enough.

Mina couldn't say no, not after he had payed for her stuff, so she just handed him one of the earphones ends and searched for her playlist.

"Fine, but don't complain afterwards." Was the last thing she mumbled before closing her eyes and leaning back in her seat, quietly enjoying the music and the cancelled out noise.

Little did the girl know, she would soon be sleeping deeply. in her state of unconsciousness, moving closer to karma's warm body to the point where her head would be leaning on his shoulder, making the red-headed boy smirk into himself. And little did she know his smirk grew even bigger as 'karma' by Taylor swift played from her playlist.

BONUS

Karma posed as he took yet another picture of him and mina, holding his Tongue out slightly this time.
Nagisa only sheepishly smiled at that as the group of students heard a familiar voice from outside the train.

"Karma! Do you really think that's how you treat a lady?" Their teacher called, shaking his head, making everyone shocked and kaede shout with excitement.

"Sensei! There you are!"

Karasuma came running from a little behind them, quickly held the girl's mouth, whisper-yelling about keeping her voice down before glaring at the yellow octopus.

"Off. The. Side. NOW!"

·★·
1223 WORDS
TUESDAY, 26TH OF DECEMBER
@MIRAI