011: promises

ALL THE GIRLS were located inside the girl's dorm, everyone sitting or laying on some pillows and blankets and either talking or doing anything by themselves.
The laying Mina, reading a hardcover Jane Austen novel with okuda next to her, uncomfortably shifting and blushing, seemingly urging to say something, looked up as Rio entered the room.

The walk home was quite nice, to be exact. Well, everyone seemed glad that nothing serious had happened to the three girls. And, even when at least 3 pairs of eyes looked at mina with worry because of the big red mark on her cheek, koro-sensei was quick to pull out a plaster from his so called "student-aid-kit" that he revealed to the friends.
The only thing that was weird was the fact that a specific red-head hadn't said anything since they had left. Mina was sure he'd at least make a joke or two, but he was completely quiet as he walked a little behind.
Naturally, mina hadn't seen him since they had entered the inn either, and after calming down a concerned Rio with a half-lie, everything came back to normal.

"Ladies!" The blonde called out, smiling cheekily as the others looked up as well.

"So you finally finished changing, Rio?" Her best friend smiled, putting the book mark into the right place before laying the novel to the side.

"Yes, so let's do something fun now!" She replied, spinning once before kneeling down and making everyone move closer.

"Like what?" Kurahashi asked curiously, the cheerful girl raised her eyebrows.

"Talk about boys, obviously!"

"Aren't there more exiting topics to talk about?" Kataoka asked, yawning before stretching her arms.

"Of course there are. Rio, are you sure?" Mina asked gently, smiling at her friend.

"Well, mina, my love, this is what we're supposed to talk about! So-" Rio got interrupted by yada, who raised her hand and shouted happily.

"Well, I think Karasuma-sensei is adorable!"

Rio shook her hand boredly, looking away "come on, yada, that's what everyone thinks. I meant boys from our class, duh!"

"..Everyone?" Kataoka smiled sheepishly, getting a same response by mina. "Same, kataoka. I think I missed a memo there-"

"Anyways! So, I think in our class, only maehara and isogai stand a chance. Right?" The blonde ranted, using her hands to articulate. "Well, I mean, maehara is a macho. But isogai is fine, don't you think?"

"I think karma would be pretty good too, If he'd only behave better!" Kurahashi added, to which everyone could only nod. Speaking of the red-head, why is he so quiet?

"I-I don't think he's that bad, actually.." okuda spoke up for the first time, making mina sigh and shoot her a small smile.

"Trust me, okuda, he's a pain in the ass."

Rio knowingly smirked at her friend, to which mina only gave her a warning glare. Kaede stood up now, looking at Kanzaki.

"What about you, hm? Who do you like?" She smiled teasingly, only to jump on top of her and tickle her as she answered that she fancied none of them.

The brunette smiled at all of them, feeling warm inside. This feels nice.

The door to their room got opened, revealing Irina-sensei with her hair open, carrying a box of beer.
"Alright brats, I'm supposed to tell you to go to sleep."

"Supposed to?" Mina raised her eyebrows, standing up.

"Yeah, you will stay up anyway. Just do it quietly." She yawned boredly, making yada frown.