043: sweetheart protection program

INTIMATE MOMENTS LIKE this one need time to sick in, merely because they're so fascinating.

So, naturally, karma and mina walked down the quiet streets of suburban Tokyo without many words.

Teenage love was fiery, having your first kiss was like stepping into the dark.

Mina could feel her cheeks burning as they walked past another street light, she thought about what just happened.
Karma stayed laid down after their kiss, so she did, too. It wasn't like she wanted to move anyway. The teenagers watched the fireworks slowly stop, getting brighted out by the white stars again.
She didn't even think about going back to Rio, Maehara, the others.

The girl lost count for how long exactly they stayed on top of that brilliant hill, but when they left, the muffled noises of the festival guests had already gone home.
She would feel bad about dipping on Rio, usually, if her mind wasn't so damn clouded.

Something electric went through her mind as her lips connected with his, something she felt like was similar to the feeling drug addiction caused.
She couldn't describe it to anyone if her life depended on it.
Never, not in a million years, would she think karma Akabane and herself would watch the summery fireworks kissing.

Yet she would have to lie if she had to say she disagreed with it in particular.

Wait, He stopped, why did he stop?
Mina looked up from the ground, only to see them standing in front of her own apartment building.
Then, she realised, he must have guided them both to her home the whole time.

The red haired boy had his back turned to her, so Mina couldn't see him. Still, she wanted him to know how she felt.
She wanted him to know that he didn't do a mistake, an error. It was anything but that, actually. It was magical.

"Listen, karma-" Mina brought out determined, taking his wrist into her hand. To signalise him to turn around, probably.

He did, although just about as she was to speak, the loud wooden door flew open, revealing a young woman with staring brown eyes.

Oh well.

____

Karma never thought of himself as a big romantic.

He hadn't kissed yet. Well, expect the mildly pedophilic at worst and highly questionable at best peck from one of kyo's snobby friends, Ann starling, at his 18th birthday party. Expect for that, he never kissed.

And he didn't plan on it: why would he, anyway?
Karma akabane wasn't loveable, neither did he ever think of loving someone else in that way.

Well, that was until now.
No, actually, until a while ago. Until Mina happened.

And now she stood there, holding his hand, and looking at him so lovely. Well, she had a dramatic expression. But po-ta-toe po-tah-to.

He didn't strategize. He didn't expect kissing her.
His body did that automatically, it was like a dream. A trance. She just looked beautiful, too beautiful, so beautiful it hurt. It hurt until they kissed, that is. Oh, and happy. She looked incredibly happy, it was the best sight ever. They should make a movie out of it, paint a picture to hang somewhere important-

"Young lady!" The woman opening the door interrupted his thoughts, and for once, he was not particularly thankful about it. She was tall, just a few inches below him. Karma was still growing, though, she was not. He guessed her age to be around 30, but she looked 28 at best. Karma knew exactly who this woman was, although he had never met her.
Mina had her mother's face.