037; Art of War

IRINA JELAVIC'S SEDUCTION was her personal art of war.

Seeing her in action, though, was something between fascinating and utterly embarrassing. Mina was a little amazed at how the bodyguards of the Okinawan hotel's very first floor surrounded Irina in that gorgeous red dress, playing the piano so elegantly.

The class of 3-E currently hid behind one of the hallway's walls, looking into the bright lighted room.

"So she's good at something after all, huh." Yoshida mumbled, making kurahashi glare at him.

"Hey! Be nice!"

"Yeah," karma smirked "Or could you do it better, yoshida?"

Koro-sensei spoke up from within the bag, his weird smile reaching from ear to ear. "Her killing style is unique, that's why she fits in so perfectly with all of you. It might be a little controversial and uncommon, but it's definitely effective. The bodyguards are memerised by her!" His head turned light pink at that.

"Really? Only the bodyguards..?" Kaede raised her eyebrows with an smile, making nagisa also smile sheepishly.

Mina only half-heartedly listened to the conversation, instead looking at karasuma next to her, who was in a trance-like state. She had never seen her teacher so speechless, his eyes fixated on the tall figure playing so beautifully.

She smiled at that- somehow the girl understood what was going on. She understood it perfectly.
She giggled before nudging her PE teacher gently.
"Aw, karasuma-sensei, you old softie.~"

Karasuma looked alarmed now, his eyes widening. Perhaps it was that it was the first time his professional shield scratched a bit- it was terrifying him.
He coughed, quickly, before standing up from his kneeling position and announcing towards his students.

"Let's continue on, now."

____

"Pretend as If we're guests?!" Sugaya shouted a little too loud, making his classmates 'psh' at him "are there even junior high kids in a luxurious hotel like this?" He asked, now quieter.

"Yes, from what I've heard. A lot, even."

"Trust me, there are. Marie told us all about the submissive room service she experienced here while her parents and her visited this hotel, like, last summer." Mina sighed, before koro-sensei spoke up too.

"Yes! They're children from rich households who were spoiled rotten. So, just act as if you rule the whole world!" He smiled, resulting in his students trying to imitate rich people. The friend group of four laughed, stared amused at that.

The group continued walking on through the halls, and the mood seemed to lighten. Well, at least for terasaka and his peers. Kaede, for example, was still anxiously eyeing everyone they came across.

Being under-cover is a weird feeling for 15 year olds to experience, and it's certainly more weird when your yellow ball teacher is telling stories and hotel anecdotes to ease your nerves. It didn't really work, although the thought was nice. And terasaka's laugh soon echo-ed through the hall as he and his friends stormed on towards a weirdly dressed man in an Hawaiian shirt.

He looked familiar, and mina soon knew why as Hinata shouted distressed.
"Terasaka, move! That guy's dangerous!"

Everything happened so fast.
Karasuma pushed the three friends back, terasaka stumbling against mina, and took the hit meant for them. Which meant that he was attacker by a device that sprayed a whole lot of purple tinted gas directly into their PE teacher's eyes.

"Karasuma-sensei!" Kaede yelled as her brows furrowed, her classmates acting similarly.

"Pff-" the man covered his face with a white cloth, but his eyes weren't sad or angry at all. He was a killer, probably, so that wasn't really surprising for anyone but mina. Still, How could a person have so little empathy? And how on earth was she to push terasaka off her and help her teacher out? "How did you know, little girl? I was supposed to hide my urge to kill before quietly eliminating you." He said, before adding "you- and your lame excuse of a teacher."

Before mina could process, karma did the first part for her. He pulled terasaka off her before holding him himself, throwing the delinquent's arm over his shoulder and steadying him. Terasaka got hit lightly by the gas, yet the shock vibrated through his body like a dark voice.

Karma eyed mina, and mina eyed him. His eyes were swift, expressionless, and he quickly looked back at karasuma to make sure nothing had happened. She furrowed her eyebrows- and even if she actually meant to thank him, this was no moment for thank you's. Because they'd imply that it was okay now, and it wasn't: karasuma was still fighting for his life and the teenagers didn't know what to do but stand next to them, panicking.

Mina looked up and down at koro-sensei, before whispering very few words (quickly), as they were only meant for karma.

"I could've done it myself."

"I know," he smiled in his usual, cheeky way "but I can do it for you."

"You were the one who served us those drinks back at our hotel, weren't you?" Hinata followed up, her face determined.

"Fuwa-san.."

"It's very suspicious when a waiter suddenly appears here out of nowhere. Especially when it's cocktail time back at the place we're staying at."

They couldn't help but smile at her, too. Although this wasn't a moment to smile either.
Hinata was just a very good detective.

"So you poisoned our friends!-" Kimura shouted before getting interrupted.

"You have no proof, brat. There are other ways to inject the virus."

Hinata chuckled, holding her chin. "Well, my dear imbecile, this was the only time we've consumed fluid at the same time. And Takahashi explained earlier how the virus is one that you get by Droplet infection."

Mina was impressed by her classmates, eyes widened, even though anxiety streamed through everybody right now.

"Besides," mina added, a little quieter than Hinata "how would you know what ways there are to inject the virus, if you hadn't involved yourself in one way or another?"

"Woah!" Kaede smiled, shaking hinatas shoulders and smiling at mina. "You're a detective!"

"Shounen Mangas, kaede." Hinata smiled back, dorkily, before her eyes began shining at the mention of her favourite topic.

They sure are a weird bunch of kids.
That's what the masked man told himself as he watched the group he was assigned to murder giggle and chat, yet he wasn't one to give up. His salary is connected to this.

The man launched himself towards karasuma, and the class shockingly gasped or stared.

"Karasuma-sensei!" Mina was the first one to notice the unfortunate event happening as they were forgetting in what situation they could find themselves right now, what an amateur mistake.

BONUS

"And this.. Conan, did you say? When does he finally beat the bad guys?" Mina curiously asked, hovering over Hinata's copy of volume 257 in a famous manga series. Collectors edition.

"Trust me, i'd Like to know, too."

· ·
1167 WORDS
15TH OF MARCH
@MIRAI