042: stolen kisses

THE SUMMER FESTIVAL in Tokyo was an annual celebration for love.
Wether it was friendly love, family love or love-love.

Everyone who had time came, it was always held on one of those days were it's dark yet warm. The stands with food and games were kept colourful, the people who came usually either wore kimonos & their equivalents, or summery, fresh, modern clothing.

Mina second week of despair wasn't as bad, after Irina had visited, at least. She still felt down, but decided that wasting her summer holidays wasn't gonna help. So she had a sleepover with Rio, went book-shopping (/manga shopping) with okuda and Hinata, sewed Irina-sensei a cute new hat, helped Maehara, kataoka and isogai beg the arcade owner to keep it open for longer, and did yada and kaede's hair for their self made fashion show- in which nagisa was forced to participate, obviously.

Don't blame her. She just wanted to keep her mind of what had happened.

Rio had Held her hand ever since they appeared at the market place. Perhaps because they didn't want to loose each other in the crowd.

The duo was surrounded by friends and classmates who arrived faster, as well as teenagers on their first date and stressed mothers trying to calm their children. The entrance was decorated like a big chuppah, the colours of the festival blurred from far away.

"Have you seen karma anywhere?" Rio had Been eyeing her best friend worriedly ever since today morning, she didn't like the fact that the brunette avoided her basically-boyfriend like he didn't exist. It wasn't doing her any good.

"Rio," Mina stopped walking, looking at Rio with a warning look. "I told you I have everything under control."

"Mina, look, I love you. Seriously, more than almost anyone," Rio crossed her arms, starting to smile in a know-it-all way. "But I really want you two to make up. Firstly because you didn't the past two weeks, which resulted in you spending the first one like Elle woods after she got broken up with and the second like some recovering alcoholic who's desperately trying to avoid Friday night after hours. And secondly because I want really cute godchildren, and your ignore-it-all attitude isn't helping with that."

Mina looked down on the ground, the smile she had put on to trick her own mind slowly fading.

"Oh, no, sweetie-" Rio quickly continued as she saw her friends face falling. She walked closer and put a hand on Mina's shoulder, looking at her apologetically. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"No," Mina looked up into the blonde's blue eyes before letting out a big sigh "you're right. I just really don't know what to do. Hell, I don't even know if he's here."

"Hey," Rio started smiling, already on a mission to cheer her best friend up. "I'll tell you what, I will go get us some food and we will just sit down and watch the fireworks. That will clear your head."

The blonde already excitedly started running, her hair getting swept into her lip-gloss'ed mouth every few seconds, making her huff and throw it back.

"Just go exploring 'til I'm back!"

____

Mina strolled through the less busier outer part of the park, where only a few games were located and mostly plaid by people she knew anyway.

Her mind had secretly hoped if she would catch him anywhere, it would be by the game stands. Yet he was no where to be found, and the conclusion that he was probably at home without a care in the world made her heart arch in that familiar way.

She decided that she'd just walk around until Rio came back, tell her she wasn't feeling well and go back home to sulk. The girl wasn't in a festive mode anymore, if she even was it at the start anyhow. She could only play tough girl for so long before her emotions scrunched her stomach.
Maybe it was a mistake coming here-