025: good band, bad hair

"SORRY, GUYS, IT'S small, like I said." The girl muffles out anxiously as she opened the door to her apartment, stepping inside timidly "We can go to the libr-"

"Is that blink-182??" Sugino interrupted her cheerfully, his eyes shining as he ran past her towards a vinyl on top of their hallway shelve.

Mina smiled, moving aside to let her other friends in. They looked around, all in all pretty cautious.

"Woah, princess, already getting popular, huh?" Karma asked teasingly at his classmate's reaction, looking around curiously. Thinking about it, this was his first time visiting her place, and it fit her. Well, obviously she didn't live here alone, so her mother probably had the same kind of aesthetic. Mother, because karma never heard the girl talk about her father. Guessing from that, he was either dead or not here, and the boy made sure to be careful of that whenever the topic of parents came up.
He catched details like that easily but he didn't really care to remember them when it came to other people.

Mina wasn't other people.

The brunette ignored him, turning towards kaede, okuda and kanzaki to grab their uniform jackets, while smiling at sugino. "Yeah, my mom's a pretty big fan of them. She goes wild whenever she hears a mark hoppus reference- I think she'd marry him on the spot."

"Weird. That guy has a creepy smile. Besides, his hair cut sucks." Karma jokingly remarks as he walks along the hallway, a cozy living room moving into his view. It did look like her.

"Well, um," nagisa added sheepishly, trying to calm an offended sugino "where are we supposed to go, mina?"

"Oh, well," the girl looked startled, struggling with all the coats before placing them on the shelve, standing next to sugino now "You can go to the kitchen table, i'll be there in a minute! Make yourself home." Mina smiled quickly before running off to her room, leaving nagisa confused. The girl was anxious, sure. But she was more nervous not to mess anything up- and besides, they were supposed to get stuff done today. Studying couldn't possibly be turned down. It had to go perfectly. She went through her shelves and her closet, seeking for books on the topics they were going to discuss. English, mainly. A bit of Japanese- and science. Even when not every one of her friends needed the same assistance.

Kaede shrugged as she left, grabbing kanzaki and okuda by their hands and happily jumping towards the hallway exit. Nagisa followed them with a smile and sugino, finally getting his view of the vinyl, grabbed their bags in a stud before attempting to join them.

Karma raised her eyebrows at the side disappearance of the girl, deciding to follow her to wherever she went.
Before he could, though, sugino placed his hand on karma's shoulder, grinning at the boy while nodding his hand.

"What?" Karma only raised his eyebrows further, weirded out by the black haired boy.

Sugino shock his head, winking before walking past him towards the kitchen.

Baseballers are weird.

____

Karma knocked on the door a few times, waiting for a response.
"I heard a wise lady once said: 'I'm coming in! Make sure you're not doing drugs or naked or something!'" he mockingly made his voice higher, laughing slightly as he wasn't able to keep it up.

The door flew open at that, revealing an anxious mina looking up into the red head's eyes. "I don't talk like that!"
She was carrying a bunch of school books- along with her pencil case and a navy notebook.

" 'Course you don't." He smirked, trying to glance at her room from the little view he had. "Can I come in?"

She looked a little startled, starting to smile slightly "I didn't know you could be so polite."

"Come on," he frowned jokingly, glancing down at her amused "I'm an asshole sometimes, sure. But I'm not terasaka."

Mina laughed quietly, trying to contain herself. She didn't know why, but her anxiety seemed to shrink when he was there, somewhere. He had an idiotic, absurd impact on her mood.
The girl stepped aside, making room for the red haired boy.
"Knock yourself out. Actually, maybe don't. I can't deal with a body to dispose right now." She corrected quickly, sighing.

Mina's room was undeniably the coolest in the entire flat, at least that's what Rio would say.
She had a white, wooden (surprisingly average sized) bed in the very right corner, which was decorated by floral blankets and comfy pillows. Confusingly, there was an old looking teddy bear in the very corner, but that only catched karma's eyes on the second glance.
Opposite her bed, she had a desk-chair set up in similar white/light pink/cherry red fashion. There was also a large, a very large bookshelf filled with classics until fantasies until romcoms. Her room was overfilled with books, but karma could have guessed that. There were books on her desk, under her bed, on the floor and in her shelf.
Naturally, her room was very clean otherwise. And it didn't seem as if she had cleaned up five minutes beforehand, as he had previously, or he at least guessed.
Her walls were plastered with musician posters to random, aesthetically pleasing artwork and stickers.
There were also ribbons. Pink ribbons.
The boy smirked at that.
She plays into the stereotype well.

"I didn't know you were so girly."

"Really?" She raised her eyebrows, looking through the room "I think I seem pretty girly. I like dressing in pink and still being able to kick testosterone filled ass, obviously."

Karma laughed slightly, amused "no doubt. Very vulgar of you, though. Are you sure you aren't sick?"

"Not sick," she commented with an upset looking face, debating whether or not to tell him. "Nervous, karma. Nervous." her voice became more of a whisper as she looked through the window in her room.

The boy stared at mina's face silently, trying to figure out what she was thinking.
It was obvious that she was scared of something, of someone, but he didn't think she would openly admit it. She also said karma- and she only calls him by her name when things are odd. He knew that by now.
"Nervous?" Karma asked blunty after a while, making her sigh.

"Yeah. Long story, let's just go." mina handed him a few of the books from the pile she was carrying, quietly dragging the boy along by his wrist with her now free hand.

____

The duo returned to the kitchen shortly after, and mina kindly announced the study session to have begun. In summary, it went pretty well. They got a lot done, and the brunette was happy to help out with any misunderstandings. The group left her house around 6:00 PM, an hour before hori would come home.

Only, of course, one boy didn't seem to study. But that was pretty clear from the beginning- as even nagisa didn't try to get karma productive. The red haired boy instead watched mina carefully, trying to get behind her. Did her rampage have something to do with the conversation with the ginger?

Whatever, he'd find out sooner or later.

· ★ ·
1218 WORDS
SUNDAY, 14TH OF JANUARY
@MIRAI