THE SUN ALSO RISES

Elena and John are sitting on the ground. John is clutching at his head.

John: Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?

Elena: Do you remember what happened?

John: Oh no, no, no, no! I can't be! I'm in transition!

He sneers at Elena in anger and hatred

John: This is all your fault, Elena! I'm in transition because of you!

Elena: Don't blame me for this bullshit, John! I didn't know she was using you!

John: You wanna know why I came back here? It wasn't to keep you alive. Hell I wanted you dead.

Elena's eyes well up with tears, hurt at this

Elena: W-what? I'm your daughter.

John: No you're a disgrace! You won't die in the ritual

Elena: But everyone said----I would

John: No if it works, you'll come back

Elena: What are you talking about?

John: You're Scarlett's soulmate but don't worry, I got Bonnie and Stefan brainwashed into thinking she's the enemy. It won't be long and they'll be here to kill her once and for all and with her, you go too. Win win for me.

He smirks evilly at her as she lets tears fall down her cheeks.

John: And since I'm a vampire, the first person I kill will be Jenna then Alaric. Don't worry, I'll raise Jeremy right. Make him better.

Greta slices her wrist open with the sharp rock. Blood drips from her wound. John grabs it sinking his fangs into her skin completing the transition

John: Oh my. I feel the power inside me. Such power. So strong. Buh bye Elena.

Greta pushes Jules down to the ground. Jules clutches at her stomach, groaning in pain.

Jules: What's happening to me?

Greta: I cast a spell to slow down your transformation. Your insides are trying to tear themselves free.

Greta moves away, flicks her wrist, and a third ring of fire encircles Jules.

Elena: Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed.

Greta: My duty is to Scarlett! The new order.

Scarlett arrives

Scarlett: Hello my lovies.

She looks at Elena

Scarlett: Don't be afraid, my love. It'll be over soon and we'll be together.

She grabs the moonstone from her pocket

Scarlett: I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it.

She hands the moonstone to Greta who takes it and looks up at the sky.

Greta: The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?

Scarlett: I remember.

Greta drops the moonstone into a stone bowl filled with flames. Sparks fly as the moonstone is destroyed. Greta begins chanting a spell in Latin. Scarlett approaches the rings of fire. Jules still lies on the ground, moaning in pain, but looks up at Elena.

Jules: Everything I did...I was just trying to help Tyler.

Elena: Are you Jules?

Jules: I didn't want him to be alone!