DANGEROUS LIAISONS

MIKAELSON MANSION

Music is playing. Rebekah is having her nails polished by an assistant. Kol is standing before a full-length mirror wearing a black evening suit while a tailor adjusts it. Finn and Elijah are also standing in the room preparing for the ball.

Kol: Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am.

Rebekah: Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled.

Scarlett throws open the door and storms into the room

Scarlett: YOU WENT AFTER ELENA!!!

Rebekah: Here we go.

Scarlett: Do you want another dagger in your heart?

Kol: Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?

Scarlett: Oh, go back to staring at yourself.

Kol: And who are you, my father?

Scarlett: No, Kol, but you're in my house.

Kol: Then perhaps we should go outside.

They stare at each other. Esther walks in.

Esther: Enough! Scarlett. Come.

Scarlett walks into another room with his mother.

Scarlett: Rebekah wasn't even out of the box for a day and she went after my mate. What happened to peace, acceptance, family?

Esther: You put daggers in their hearts. You want them to go down on their knees and kiss your feet for reuniting them?

Scarlett: So it's a crime to want our family to be as we were?

Esther: You need to give it time, Scarlett. I've had a thousand years on the other side to be angry and to heal. I'm here to make sure this family does the same

Scarlett: I just don't understand. I killed you, and still you forgive me.

Esther: It's been my dream for a thousand years that this family could be as one. Forgiveness is not a chore. It's a gift. Now, who are you bringing to the ball this evening?

Scarlett: [sighs] Don't be ridiculous. You're lucky I'm even going.

Esther: Well, I wish you would reconsider. It is going to be a magical evening.

EVENING

Cars are pulling up the driveway in front of the mansion. Inside there are lots of people talking. A live band is playing classical music. Jenna enters the ball wearing a blue dress, Elijah stares at her and approaches

Elijah: Jenna, you look lovely

Jenna: Thanks you and you look handsome

Elijah: Shall I?

He holds out his arms and Jenna links her under his and he escorts her into the ball. Scarlett sees Elena entering in a beautiful black dress, she walks over

Scarlett: You look ravishing, Love. Beautiful.

Elena: Thanks, you look handsome

She links her arm with hers and Scarlett escorts Elena into the ball.

Elijah: Uh, if everyone could gather, please.

Scarlett: I'll be just a moment

She pecks Elena on the cheek.

All the Originals are standing on the staircase as Elijah addresses the company. Esther walks down the staircase from upstairs.

Elijah: Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom.