THE END OF THE AFFAIR

CHICAGO

Scarlett parks the car and gets out walking around the SUV opening the door and helps Elena out.

Scarlett: Welcome to Chicago, little wolf.

Elena: What are we doing here?

Scarlett: We're here to see a witch about the hybrid problem.

Elena: Why are we still doing this? The hybrids failed, babe. Let's just head home

Scarlett: We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her but tomorrow, we're going out to eat at a fancy restaurant.

Elena: So you're taking me on our first official date?

Scarlett: I'm taking you on our first official date, Love.

She wraps her arm around her shoulder, Elena nuzzles into her as they walk off down the street.

GLORIA'S BAR

Scarlett and Elena enters the bar.

Gloria: You got to be kidding me.

Scarlett: So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender...

Gloria: Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny.

She looks at Elena

Gloria: You're the doppelganger?

Elena: Yeah.

Scarlett: You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be...

Gloria: Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?

Scarlett: Gloria's a very powerful witch.

Gloria: I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day.

Scarlett: Love, why don't you go to the bar and fix us a drink?

Elena: What do you want?

Scarlett: Surprise me

Elena smiles pecking her gently on the lips then walks behind the bar.

Gloria: I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels.

Scarlett: So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse.

She looks over at Elena who's humming while fixing their drinks at the bar

Scarlett: I need to protect her, Gloria. I have to make my hybrids. It's the only way I can keep her safe.

Gloria: So I take it the prophecy was true? She's your soulmate?

Scarlett: Yes and she's my everything.

Gloria: Obviously you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old...We'd have to contact the witch who created it.

Scarlett: Well, that would be the original witch. She's very dead.

Gloria: I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah.

Elena notices a photo on the wall and pulls it off to look at it.

Scarlett: Rebekah. Rebekah is a bit preoccupied.

Gloria: She has what I need. Bring her to me.

Elena: looks up from the photo.

Elena: Babe, what's this?

Scarlett: Oh that? Chicago's magical place

Elena: But this is Stefan with you.

She shows her the picture. It's a picture of Stefan with his arm around Scarlett's' shoulders in the 1920s.

WAREHOUSE

They walk into a warehouse. Scarlett has her arms around Elena's waist peppering her face with kisses, Elena giggles

Elena: SCAR, STOP IT!!

Scarlett: But I love kissing your face, my love.

Elena wiggles out of her arms and turns to her folding her arms over her chest

Elena: Explain. Now.

Scarlett: I'm a little busy now. Story time will have to wait

Elena: Nope! Explain now!

Scarlett: Let's just say when I met the Ripper, I hated him and I was lonely. I needed a friend.

She walks over to a number of coffins which contain Original vampires. She opens one. Rebekah is lying dead in it with a dagger stabbed in her chest. She smiles and gently touches her face.

Elena: This your sister?

Scarlett: Rebekah's temper is worse than mine.

She pulls the dagger out of her chest.

Scarlett: Time to wake up, little sister.

She's still lying there dead. He looks at Elena

Scarlett: Any day now, Rebekah. She's being dramatic.

Elena: Hey I'm not a vampire or hybrid yet so I need human food. Let's go get something to eat while we wait

She holds out her hand towards her wiggling her fingers, Scarlet chuckles interlinking their hands together and walks out of the warehouse.

GLORIA'S BAR

Scarlett and Elena are back at the bar whispering sweet nothings in their ears. Elena grabs a beer and takes a drink.

Elena: Don't get me wrong, I've had a blast these last three months with you but school's about to start and I miss my family and friends

Scarlett: When we're done, I'll take you back, okay?

Elena: And you're staying right? You're not leaving me?

Scarlett kisses her on the bridge of the nose, leaning their heads together

Scarlett: I will never leave you. I promise you, Love

Elena: I love you

Scarlett: I love you

She raises her shot glass

Scarlett: To us

Elena raises her shot glass and they clink their glass

Elena: To us. Together forever

Scarlett: Forever and a day.

She cups her chin pulling her closer pressing their lips together.

WAREHOUSE

Scarlett enters the room in the warehouse full of her family's coffins. Rebekah's is empty and the guardman is lying dead on the floor nearby.

Scarlett: Rebekah...It's your big sister. Come out, come out, wherever you are.

Rebekah rushes over stabs her with the dagger.

Rebekah: Go to hell, Scarlett!

Scarlett takes the dagger out of her chest, holds it out beside her, and drops it.

Scarlett: Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me.

Rebekah: Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more.

Scarlett: I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah...So I'm going to let that go. Just this once.

Elena walks into the warehouse munching on a bag of popcorn, Rebekah does a double take sharing a look with Rebekah

Rebekah: Katherine?

Elena: No I'm Elena.

Rebekah: A doppelganger? Really?

Scarlett: She's my soulmate and you will treat her with respect, Rebekah.

She walks towards Elena

Scarlett: Are you packed up?

Elena: Yeah. Where we going now?

Scarlett: We're heading home, Love.

Elena smiles happily and squeals jumping up and down on her feet throwing her arms around Scarlett's neck hugging her. Rebekah rolls her eyes.

Rebekah: Oh get a bloody room.