THE DEPARTED

HOSPITAL

Jenna and Jeremy are patiently waiting in the hallway of the hospital when Meredith walks out of the room Elena is in

Jenna: How is she?

Jeremy: Is she okay?

Meredith shakes her head no, Jenna's eyes begins to well up with tears as does Jeremy's

Jeremy: No. No. No. No

Jenna: What's---

Jenna?

Jenna turns seeing Elijah making his way towards her

Jenna: Elijah?

Elijah: I came as soon as you called. What is wrong? Is Elena okay?

Meredith: No her heart's giving out. She doesn't have long, I'm afraid

Jeremy: But she's healthy. How can her heart be giving out?

Elijah: Elena is Scarlett's soulmate and with what your friends did to my sister, they'll killing Elena. The longer Scarlett remains locked away, the quicker Elena will die.

Jenna: So they are connected?

Elijah nods his head

Elijah: Jeremy, come with me to your house. We're going to make a deal and receive my sister's body and save yours as well

Jeremy: I got a lot of things I want to say to those fuckers.

GILBERT HOUSE

Elijah and Jeremy throws open the door and storms into the house where Stefan, Matt, and Bonnie are, they are in the kitchen

Bonnie: Jeremy, what are you---

Jeremy: YOU SHUT UP!!

Bonnie flinches at his loud angry tone

Matt: Hey don't talk to her like!

Jeremy: Oh shut the fuck up, Matt. Why are you even here? No one likes your useless ass.

Elijah: Now we are hear to make a deal with you for my sister's body and you will listen to us or I shall rip you limb from limb while I make a sandwich.

They sit down at the table as Dean and Caroline walks into the kitchen glaring at the three.

Elijah: All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth and Alaric will follow us.

Stefan: And you'll just run?

Elijah: We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. Scarlett will be freed thus saving Elena's life

Bonnie: We've finally stopped her, Elijah. After everything that she's done to us, I can't just let you bring her back.

Caroline: ARE YOU SERIOUS, BONNIE?!!

Jeremy: WHY YOU LITTLE----

He goes to lunge across the table at her making her flinch but Sam grabs his arm shaking his head no, Jeremy takes a breath and calms down

Elijah: The longer Scarlett remains in the coffin, Elena will die

Bonnie: W-what?

Stefan and Matt both rolls their eyes.

Matt: So what? She made her choice. Let her die.

Sam: Let me kill him. I want to kill him. Let me kill him

Elijah holds up his hand motioning him to stop talking.

Elijah: Give me my sister's body and I will gladly let you live.

Caroline: Bonnie, how is this even a hard choice? This is Elena we're talking about. She's going to die if you don't do this.

Sam: Take the fucking deal now.

Bonnie: I didn't mean for her to get hurt. I just wanted Scarlett to leave her alone

Elijah: Scarlett will never leave her alone. Now do we have a deal?

Stefan: No

Sam: It's not your fucking choice, asshole! Shut the fuck up!

Stefan: Why don't you make me?

Sam speeds towards him and snaps his neck

Sam: Fuck you, dick.

Jeremy: Take. The. Fucking Deal. Now.

Bonnie: We have a deal.

STORAGE UNIT

Alaric comes up from behind Dean and grabs him in a chokehold.

Alaric: Where is Scarlett?

Dean: How did you find me?

Alaric: Oh, you'd be amazed at how competent law enforcement is when it's not corrupted by vampires. Now, where is Scarlett?

Dean: In a storage locker. There's only about a thousand of them, have at it.

Alaric breaks his neck and places him on the ground. He walks off to begin his search for Scarlett's body.

Alaric breaks the locks off and opens the doors to several of the storage units. After not being able to find Scarlett's body in any of them, he hears the elevator bell ding and Rebekah coming out of the elevator.

Rebekah: Dean! Dean, where are you?

Alaric pulls out the white oak stake and begins to walk towards Rebekah's voice. Rebekah is searching for her boyfriend

Rebekah: Dean, this isn't fucking funny.

Rebekah walks down a line of storage units while Alaric continues to search for her. She continues walking down a row and is suddenly grabbed from behind by Dean, who covers her mouth so she won't scream. She pulls her back so they are hidden behind a unit.

Dean: Rebekah. Shhhh.

Alaric continues searching for Rebekah, but stops in front of storage unit 1020 and sees that the lock has been broken off. He opens the unit door, but the casket is gone. In another part of the warehouse, Rebekah and Dean are wheeling Scarlett' casket to a car, but Alaric comes out of nowhere, grabs Rebekah and slams her head against her car, then throws her to the ground. Dean rushes at Alaric but Alaric kicks him out of his way. Alaric opens the casket and pulls out the white oak stake. Scarlett's eyes fly open. Rebekah rushes to get up.

Rebekah: No!

Dean: No, don't!

Rebekah: No! No! No!

Alaric stakes Scarlett's in the heart. She gasps. Dean grabs Rebekah so that she can't run to the casket. Scarlett' body is set aflame. Rebekah continues to scream and cry. Alaric turns around.

Alaric: Next.

Dean: Rebekah, run. Run!

He pushes Rebekah towards the opposite direction and she rushes off. He rushes towards Alaric to distract him, but Alaric throws him to the ground and rushes off in search of Rebekah.

HOSPTIAL

Elena lies emotionless in the hospital when the EKG begins flatlining and her heart comes to a stop. Elena Gilbert is dead.