Chapter One: Part 1

Vote/Comment ❤️

Kirito Suzuki

Sitting in the parlor with his legs crossed and resting on a small, poorly furnished table, Kirito Suzuki, the man who was once rich and well-known among the top business men in Japan, was deeply lost in thought as he considered how to pay off his mounting debts. His eyes were glued to the television, but his wife, Fujiko, knew that he wasn't really watching. She could tell that he was deep in thought.
She quietly set down the tray of food she was carrying and studied his face for a while, but there was no reaction from him. Surprised by that, she calmly tapped him on his right shoulder and said, "Sweetie, your food is ready." He was startled by the sound of her voice and the tap on his shoulder. His train of thought was disrupted, and he was back to reality.

With a worried look on her face, Fujiko felt slightly relieved to have gotten her husband's attention. Not wanting to waste any time, she asked, "Is anything the matter?" Kirito looked at his wife with a fake smile and replied, "Nothing really, hun." Seeing the doubt on her face, he continued, "I'm fine, really. There's nothing wrong." She looked at him, still unconvinced, and then left his food on the table and exited the parlor.

After she left, Kirito let out a deep sigh and wondered how much longer he could keep his problems from her. After a moment of silence, he resumed eating his food. Just a few minutes later, he was pulled out of his thoughts by the ringing of his phone. He reached over and picked it up, seeing no name displayed on the screen. Unsure of who it could be, he answered the call.

"Hello, who am I speaking to?" Kirito asked. "I'm Chujiro Hayashi, a friend of Fumitaka Kitatani," the caller responded. "I see," Kirito replied, but before he could say anything more, the caller cut him off. "I know you owe Mr. Fumitaka a huge sum of money. I have a proposition that could help you earn double that amount in less than two months. If you're interested, I'll text you an address where we can meet and discuss it," the caller said.

A surge of hope flowed through him as he heard those words. In an excited voice, he responded, "Yes, I would like to hear your proposition."

"Okay, I'll text you the address later," said the caller before hanging up.

As Kirito put down his phone, a smile formed on his face. He felt a glimmer of hope at the thought of being the rich businessman he once was.

Oliver Collins

In the massive mansion of Oliver, Mrs. Collins can be seen in the parlour gazing at the portraits of her daughter that are hung on the wall and the ones on the shelves. Memories of her daughter kept flashing in her head as she continue staring at her portraits. She remembers her daughter's smile, laughter, and the time they spent together. Those memories brought out tears from her eyes that flowed down her cheeks.

Walking through the Mansion's front entrance, Oliver could see his wife standing while staring at a portrait that she held in her hand. He began to wonder what she is staring at and the thought of it being his daughter portrait quickly came to him. That prompted him to walk towards his wife and console her as she might be grieving again.

Mrs. Collins kept crying until she suddenly heard the footsteps of someone coming from behind and then, she turned slowly and got to see that it was her husband.

"Oh! it's you. I never expected you to come back earlier than you normally do." said Mrs. Collins.
"Well, the thought of being in Mr. Martin's company was too dull to bear, so I decided to return home and spend my afternoon with my darling wife." said Mr. Oliver with a big smile. Mrs. Collins then responded with a blush on her face.

"Darling, it seems like you've been crying while looking at our late daughter's portrait," Oliver said, staring at the portrait in her hand as he waited for a response. Tears began to form in her eyes again as she replied.

"Sweetie... I've missed her so much. What have we done to deserve the heavens taking her away from us? Cindy was an adorable, sweet girl that didn't deserve to die. I know death is inevitable, but it wasn't her time yet. You understand what I'm trying to say right?" Tears began to flow uncontrollably as she said all those words. Oliver could see she was deeply hurt, and it made him feel emotional.

"I know how you feel," he said, taking her hand in his. "But we can't change what's already happened. We can only move forward and remember Cindy in the best way possible. She would have wanted us to be happy and remember her fondly, not to be sad and full of despair."
"You're right," she said, letting out a deep sigh. "It's just so hard sometimes. I miss her so much."
"I know," he said, giving her a comforting squeeze.

As Oliver held her hand, he looked into her eyes and spoke softly. "Remember the good times we had with her. Remember how much joy she brought into our lives. Let's celebrate her memory, not mourn her passing."
"That's a beautiful way to think about it," she said, her eyes starting to dry. "Thank you for helping me see that. I know she's still with us, in our hearts and memories."
"That's the spirit," he said, smiling at her.

They both stood there for a moment, looking at each other, a sense of peace settling over them. Then, Oliver spoke again.

"Let's honor Cindy's memory by living life to the fullest, just as she would have wanted us to. Let's be grateful for every day we have together, and enjoy every moment as it comes."

Tears of happiness began to form in her eyes, and she gave him a warm smile. "I love you so much. Thank you for being here for me, through everything."
"I love you too," he said, pulling her into a hug.

For a long time, they stood there, holding each other. The moment was bittersweet, but they felt a sense of comfort and connection. Then, they pulled apart and looked into each other's eyes. There was a new understanding between them, a resolve to move forward and find happiness again.