Chapter Nine

Vote/Comment❤️

It was now time for the test to begin. Razal rose from his throne and started to demonstrate his cloning ability in front of the men. The men were amazed as they watched Razal duplicate himself five times without moving. They saw copies of him appear from his body, emerging from his left and right sides. It was a sight to behold.
The five clones of Razal approached the men, floating through the air. It was as if they had control of their bodies without moving any limbs. The men observing this became even more astounded. Then, the clones drew close, facing each man. The men began to wonder what would happen next. Unexpectedly, the clones placed their right hands on the men's shoulders. Without warning, the clones said, "Brace yourself." Before the men could react or comprehend their words, they were teleported away.

Kirito Suzuki

As Kirito arrived in a new, unfamiliar location, the effects of teleportation began to wear off. He felt a little wobbly or lightheaded for a moment before regaining his composure. Kirito noticed that he was in a place similar in size to his bedroom, which was a medium-sized space. His gaze roamed around the room, taking in his surroundings. The ceiling, which was decorated with crystals that gave off a soft grey light, was higher than Kirito could have imagined. The floor and walls were also a dull grey, and in the center of the room stood a glass table with intricate grey and black designs. Two chairs stood next to the table, one much larger than the other. Kirito's eyes followed the room's greyscale theme, until they finally landed on Razal, who was standing nearby, observing him as he took in his new environment.
"Um, this room is clearly empty apart from the chairs and table. It's apparent that this is where I'll be taking the test," Kirito remarked, hoping to prompt Razal to say something.
"Well, you're correct," Razal responded, gesturing towards the chair. As Kirito took his seat, Razal also sat down, ready to begin the test. His eyes met Kirito's expectant gaze as he prepared to ask the first question.

Oliver Collins

Oliver's surroundings faded and shifted, leaving him in an unfamiliar location. A moment of dizziness passed as he recovered from the shock of teleportation. He found himself kneeling on the floor, trembling, before rising slowly to his feet. As he gained his composure, he looked up to see the Razal clone watching him intently.
"So, we just teleported?" Oliver asked, only half-surprised. "Well, its not that surprising. After all, in a realm like this, one governed by a being of such vast power, anything is possible. Even things that would be considered fantasy in the human world. Still, I had once traveled to a mystical land to save my wife, and this place was far stranger.
"This is the test room," Razal replied. "You must have deduced that by now."
"Yes, I have," Oliver responded. Oliver's eyes then scanned the room, considering its design. He mused to himself, "Everything is grey, except for the table, which has a mixture of black pattern. I wonder if the other men were brought to identical rooms, or if the rooms are different." He noted that the room was approximately the same size as his bedroom. He thought, "It's a suitable size for a test room. There are only two chairs and a table. Nothing else."
Razal's voice interrupted Oliver's thoughts, "Are you done looking around the room?"
"Oh, sorry for getting distracted," Oliver said sheepishly. "Let's get started with the test."
"You don't need to apologize," Razal said with a chuckle.
Razal's smile turned mischievous as he continued, "If you'd like to remain here forever, that's allowed. Though, I'm not sure you'd want to do that, since it would mean you'd be wiped out from the surface of the earth. You wouldn't be killed, you'd simply cease to exist on Earth. Given your desire to save your wife, I doubt that would appeal to you."
His tone was light and teasing, but his eyes were serious.
"I'll do my best to focus on the test. Let's start the test now," Oliver said sheepishly.
"Sit," Razal said, pointing at a chair. The two of them sat down, and Oliver felt a wave of nerves wash over him as he waited for Razal to ask the first question. Noticing the look of anticipation on Oliver's face, Razal began to compose his first question.