Chapter Thirteen

Vote/Comment❤️

Kirito Suzuki

Razal was comfortable on his big chair, his right fist supporting his cheek, his left hand outstretched. He locked eyes with Kirito and asked, "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"
Hearing that, Kirito began to ponder in thought.
"What is the one thing I would change about the world if I could?" Kirito thought seriously. "It seems I've never really considered it before."
As he thought, Kirito realized that he'd been defrauded before, and that had affected his life. "I suppose I'd like to rid the world of fraudsters if I could," Kirito mused. "But would that make me seem self-centered? After all, if I hadn't experienced fraud, I wouldn't have considered that. Now that I think about it, I know what I will change about the world if I could." Kirito paused, then took a deep breath.
"My... my lord," he stammered. Then, he began coughing and covered his mouth with one hand to muffle the sound. When he was done coughing, he cleared his throat. "I apologize for the interruption, my lord" he said, slightly embarrassed.
"Apology accepted," Razal said, "Now, go on with what you were about to say."
"That question you asked me made me realize something," Kirito said. "I know my predicament was a result of my greed. This came to me. Most people who fall victim to fraudsters either hold only the fraudsters responsible for their predicament, or they hold both themselves and the fraudsters responsible. I'm referring to situations involving business deals," Kirito continued. "Greed is one of the biggest motivators behind scamming, and it's the people who are greedy who are most likely to be scammed. I don't believe that they should hold fraudsters responsible for their predicament. Instead, they should hold themselves responsible. After all, they were not forced to do the deal. It was their own decision. When I thought deeply about the world, I realized that greed is one of the major factors that contributes to the negative things and activities that happen around the world. So, I thought again: if I could rid the world of greed, the world would be better than it is now. Crime, violence, selfishness, and death would all be reduced, because greed gives rise to those things. So, I would try to rid the world of greed, rather than fraudsters." Kirito paused, then added, "That's my answer, my lord."
"That was a fascinating answer," Razal said. "Let's move on to the next question, shall we?"
"Sounds good to me," Kirito replied. "Hit me with your next question," he said as a strong determination began to flow through his veins.

Oliver Collins

Oliver was dumbfounded as he thought hard about everything Razal had said. But he was suddenly interrupted by Razal.
"You don't need to think too deeply about what I said, Oliver," Razal said with a calm and serious expression. "Focus on the test, okay?"
"My apologies, my Lord," Oliver replied. "I will focus on the test now."
"That's good," Razal said. "Okay, let's continue. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"
Hearing this, Oliver's mind flashed back to his childhood. "I remember clearly when I was a boy," he said to Razal. "I used to watch my father, Edward Collins, mistreating his slaves. I felt awful for them. My father was a man of inequality who taught me that the wealthy are superior to the poor, but I, being of noble birth, was strongly opposed to my father's beliefs and treatment of slaves. But I couldn't show my feelings, because I was just a boy." Oliver said. "It would have seemed disrespectful to my father, and I didn't want him to think I was disrespectful. So I never let him know that I opposed his beliefs and actions. I'll get straight to the point. As a boy, I wished that ill-treatment would no longer exist in the world, even now as an adult. Seeing ill-treatment always upsets me. I believe everyone should be treated with respect, regardless of their class or race. So If I could change one thing about the world, it would be the end of ill-treatment. I would gladly eliminate that evil from the world," Oliver finished.
Razal considered Oliver's words for a moment, then said, "That's interesting. Now, let's move on to the next question."

Khali James

"If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?" That was the next question Razal asked Khali.
"Poverty," Khali replied. "I know this may seem like a self-centered thing to say, coming from a poor dude like me, but I'm not self-centered or anything. If I could reduce or even eliminate poverty from the world, it would solve so many problems. People wouldn't have to worry about money, and crime and other illegal acts would cease to exist. The world would be a better place without poverty. I know the situation that made me attempted sucide was not caused by poverty. I understand that. But I'm saying this on behalf of the many people who are poor and struggle to maintain their standard of living. The fact that poverty is linked to so many other problems is a common thing that we humans know. It can lead to hunger, and without poverty, hunger would cease to exist. Poverty is one of the major force that drives people to do bad things. It's a terrible force that pushes people in the wrong direction. So, it would be amazing if it could be eliminated and that's the one thing I would do if I had the chance to change one thing about the world," Khali concluded.
"Hmm… that's an interesting answer. Okay, let's move on to the next question." Razal said, but before he could continue, Khali interrupted.
"Won't you say something about it? Like, give a comment about everything I said?" Khali asked.
Hearing that, Razal replied, "Young man, tell me. can judgement be giving during a test, or only after a test is completed? And if judgement can be given during a test, what's the point of the test?"
Khali was silent. He sat there without uttering a word.
Razal spoke again. "Well, it all depends on the nature of the test, and in this case, judgment is not necessary while the test is ongoing. I'm not concerned with how humans conduct their own tests, but my tests must be conducted my way. "You're very forgetful, aren't you? I clearly remember telling you before that I won't judge until the test is complete," Razal said with a serious tone and expression.
"I'm very sorry," Khali apologized. "Please forgive me. I don't know what's wrong with my memory."
"I think the issue isn't your memory, but rather your refusal to remember. Regardless, I forgive you. Now, let's move on to the next question." Razal's tone was gentle but firm.

Meshach Adewale

"If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?" That's the next question that came out of Razal's mouth.
Meshach didn't hesitate or think too much before answering.
"Wickedness," Meshach said, pausing for a moment. "I'd rid the world of wickedness. That's the one thing I'd change," he continued. "My aunt is a prime example of wickedness. Living with her showed me just how cruel humans can be. Before my mom died, I didn't know how awful humans could be because I lived with her, and she was so kind. But when I lived with my aunt, it opened my eyes to the dark side of humanity. I've never hated anyone as much as I hate her. If my escape plan had succeeded, I would've been able to escape from her and the wickedness she embodied, which drove me to consider suicide and attempt it. I kept wondering why a woman would be so cruel to her own nephew. I wondered what my mom or I had done to deserve my aunt's treatment of me. I kept praying that she would change her ways, but nothing ever did. It was so frustrating. While living with her, I often imagined how the world would be without wickedness. Wouldn't it be so peaceful and lovely? I asked myself. So in short, if I could change just one thing about the world, it would be to eliminate wickedness. That's my answer, my lord."
"Hmm… a world devoid of wickedness, you say!" Razal said, emphasizing the last few words. He thoughtfully stroked his chin. "Alright then, let's move on to the next question."

Dominick Ricardo

Razal's next question for Dominick was, "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"
Dominick paused, then said, "That's a big question, isn't it? There's so much to choose from. Well, I think if I could change one thing, it would be to have everyone understand and respect each other's differences. I think if we could all understand each other better, a lot of the problems in the world would be solved," Dominick said, then paused before continuing. "I think if we could come together and see each other as human beings rather than as members of different countries or religions or cultures, we would be more willing to work together to solve our problems. I mean, the whole reason we have so many problems in the world is because we're divided by our differences. We focus on what makes us different, instead of what we have in common. And I think that leads to a lot of the conflict and violence we see in the world. So if we could start by just trying to see each other as human beings, as equals, I think it would make a big difference. So, that's just it," Dominick concluded.
"Hmm… that's a fascinating answer. Alright then, let's move on to the next question," Razal said.