Chapter Fourteen

Vote/Comment❤️

Kirito Suzuki

Kirito braced himself, preparing for Razal's next question. Soon enough, Razal asked, "What's the most important lesson you've learned in life?"
Hearing that, Kirito sighed before answering. "Life has taught me a valuable lesson about the dangers of greed. The moral of that lesson is to live a life of contentment. In the past, I never lacked anything - I had a flourishing business and was one of the top businessmen in Yokohama. I was foolish," Kirito continued. "I should have been content with my wealth and riches, but no - I wanted to become even richer, even faster. As you said before, the flow of fate is influenced by our actions. Given that, it's obvious that I caused my own downfall. My mistake is clear now," Kirito said. "It's not fate's fault - it's all on me. I've learned my lesson. I'm deeply grateful to you for the chance to change my destiny. If I succeed in this test, I swear I'll leave greed behind. In fact, the greedy part of me is already gone." Kirito's face shone with gratitude and resolve.
"I appreciate your gratitude," Razal said with a smile. "Your determination is becoming very intriguing to me. Alright then, let's move on to the next question," Razal said.

Oliver Collins

"Tell me, What's the most important lesson you've learned in life? That's the next question that Razal asked Oliver.
Without hesitation, Oliver replied, "Life has taught me that what you cherish most can be taken away by death in an instant, like what happened to my daughter. Fate almost took my wife, too, but I'll make sure that doesn't happen. I'm determined to pass this test and save her. I know I can do it."
"It's apparent that there was no moral lesson to be learned. All I learned was how cruel life can be," Oliver continued. "Fate has been unkind to me, but thanks to you, I've not been completely overwhelmed by fate's cruelty. And by passing this test, I won't be." Oliver paused, and then asked, "I hope have answered your questions."
Razal nodded. "Indeed, you have. Now let's move on to the next question."

Khali James

Razal looked at Khali intently and asked, "What's the most important lesson you've learned in life?"
Hearing the question, a sad expression came over Khali's face as he answered.
"I've learned the consequence of ignoring good advice," Khali said. "My mother advised me to leave women alone and focus on my studies, but I didn't listen. If I had, I wouldn't have had problems with the white dude named Jack. I wouldn't have failed my exams, and I definitely wouldn't have attempted suicide. I could have had a peaceful life, both on and off-campus. Instead, Kansas University became a living hell for me overnight." Khali paused, then added, "The lesson I've learned from this experience is that I should listen to good advice," Khali said. "I've promised myself that I will never make the same mistake again. I will do my best to change my fate by making better choices in the future. I hope I have answered your question."
"Hmm... I see," Razal said, staring at Khali intently but with a neutral expression. "You have indeed answered my question. Now, let's move on to the next question.

Meshach Adewale

Razal looked at Meshach and asked, "What's the most important lesson you've learned in life?"
Without hesitation, Meshach answered, "Life has taught me that people can be very hypocritical. When I stayed with my aunt, I learned that people can wear a mask to hide their true selves. I never suspected that my aunt was pretending all along, but now I know to be careful when associating with others."
"People are not always who they seem to be," Meshach continued. "It makes me wonder how we can spot a hypocrite. I think it requires keen observation and alertness to notice the clues. With time, I hope to get better at spotting those clues and that's once I have passed this test which I am confident I will do. So, that's just it," Meshach Concluded.
"Hmm..I see. Alright then, let's move on to the next question," Razal said. Meanwhile, Meshach began to wonder how many questions that are left in the test.

Dominick Ricardo

"Tell me, What's the most important lesson you've learned in life? That's the next question that Razal asked Dominick.
The room was silent for a moment before Dominick spoke.
"Well, I've learned many lessons in life, but the most important one is that life can be very cruel," he said. "Even though I've tried my best to do good and avoid evil, I still find myself suffering. I still can't understand what I did to deserve all of this," Dominick said, his voice full of emotion. "I dated a married woman for three years and we were even planning to get married. It feels awful to realize that I was just a side lover to her, someone she would turn to whenever she wanted. I thought I was experiencing true love, but I don't think true love would involve a woman hiding the fact that she's married for three years. I keep asking myself, 'Why? Why me?'. On top of that, I lost my job, too. It's really hard not to blame fate for what's happened to me. But I'm glad I've been given the chance to change my fate, and I'm determined to pass this test and make things right," Dominick said, a determined look in his eyes.
"I admire your determination, Dominick," Razal said. "Now, let's move on to the next question."
"I'm ready, my lord," Dominick replied.