Chapter Five: Part 1

Vote/Comment❤️

Kirito Suzuki

After two hours of sleep, Kirito woke up and checked the time - 5:40 PM, his phone read. After brushing his teeth, he headed to the living room, where he saw his children sitting on the couch.

"Good evening, Dad," they both said. "Good evening. How was school today?" he asked. It was fine," they both replied. Kirito took a seat beside his wife.

They sat quietly for a moment, watching the television. Then, Kirito turned to his wife. "What are we having for dinner?" he asked. "It sounds like you're hungry," she replied with a smile. "I am," he said, chuckling. "Atsushi and Ayami said they'd like us to have bread and fried eggs for dinner," she told him. "That sounds good to me," he replied. She hesitated. "We don't have any bread left, though," she said. Kirito smiled. "That's no problem," he said. "I can go out and get some." She looked relieved. "Thank you, honey. I know the kids would love that." "It's no trouble. "I'll be back in a few minutes," he said, getting up from the couch.

"You're the best," she said, smiling. "You're not so bad yourself," he replied, winking at her. He put on a T-shirt and a pair of shorts, ready to head out. Just as he was about to open the door, his daughter stopped him with a question.

"Where are you going, Dad?" she asked. "I'm going to the store to get us some bread. I'll be back before you know it," he said with a smile. "Ok, be careful," she said, giving him a hug. He hugged her back and headed out the door. He turned and waved as he walked down the street. "See you soon," he called out, and she waved back.

Kirito finally reached the store after a fifteen-minute walk. The clerk greeted him with a smile and attended to him right away. After finishing his transaction, Kirito left the store and headed home.

As he was walking down the street, a group of men suddenly appeared out of nowhere and stopped him. He recognized them immediately. One of them stepped forward, a short man with a pot belly. "Well, well, well. I finally get to see you again," he said, sneering. Kirito felt his heart sink.

Kirito knew this man was the leader of one of the most dangerous syndicates in Yokohama and a businessman as well. The man's men dragged Kirito to a corner.

"You thought you could just take my money and run?" the man said angrily. Kirito's heart was beating fast and his palms were sweaty. He tried to speak, but he was too nervous to form words.

"Speak up, you idiot," the man yelled, clearly losing his patience. "No, sir," Kirito finally managed to choke out. "Then, why did you not pay me back my money all this while?" the man asked. In response to that question, Kirito became mute again. The man then continued, his voice dripping with menace. "You have one week to pay me back my money. If you don't, I'll take your wife instead. I know where you and your family live, and I've seen your wife. She's quite lovely for her age. In fact, I think I might take your daughter instead. She's very pretty, and she'll be of great use to me."

Kirito felt his blood run cold. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. The man was threatening his family! Kirito felt like he was going to throw up. He was completely terrified.

The man and his thugs turned and started to walk away.

"Please, sir," Kirito pleaded. "Please leave my wife and daughter out of this. I'll do anything you want." The man turned back and faced Kirito.

"Your pleading won't change my mind. You have one week to pay me back my money. I'll be in touch." With that, he and his men disappeared down the street. Kirito stood there, frozen with fear.

Oliver Collins

While Mr. Oliver and his wife waited in the bedroom, they listened intently for the doctor's arrival. A knock sounded at the door, and Mr. Oliver rushed to answer it. A moment later, the doctor entered the room, carrying a black leather bag.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Ramirez," the doctor said, introducing himself. "Mr. Collins tells me you've been experiencing some dizziness and shaking. Let's start by checking your vital signs, if that's okay with you." Mrs. Collins nodded and held out her arm so the doctor could take her blood pressure. He then checked her pulse and temperature.

After a few minutes, he sat down next to her and asked her some questions about her symptoms.
"When did this start?" he asked.
"Earlier this evening," Mrs. Collins replied.

The doctor asked a few more questions, then asked Mrs. Collins to stand up and walk across the room. He watched her carefully, taking note of any unusual movements.

"I think we should do some more testing," he said, a concerned look on his face. Mr. Oliver's heart sank as he watched the doctor examine his wife. He could tell that something was wrong, but he didn't want to believe it. "Is it something serious?" he asked, his voice breaking.

The doctor took a deep breath and looked Mr. Oliver in the eye. "I think we need to do some more tests, but I'm worried that it might be Parkinson's disease," he said gently.

The room fell silent as Mr. Oliver processed the doctor's words. Parkinson's disease? That couldn't be right. My wife is only in her early 40s. Mr. Oliver looked at Mrs. Collins, who was now sitting on the bed with a look of fear and confusion on her face. He didn't know what to say or do, so he simply reached out and took her hand in his.

"What does that mean?" Mrs. Collins asked the doctor, her voice shaking. "What will happen to me?"

The doctor took a deep breath and prepared to explain the diagnosis to the couple.

"Parkinson's disease is a neurological condition that affects movement," he said. "The disease is caused by the loss of nerve cells in the brain, which can lead to symptoms such as tremors, stiffness, and difficulty with walking and coordination," the doctor continued. "I want to be clear that I'm not making a diagnosis at this point, but I think it's important that we do some more testing to rule out other possibilities."

Mrs. Collins listened intently, trying to take in all of the information. It was a lot to process, and she felt overwhelmed and scared. But she was grateful to have her husband by her side.

The room was silent as the doctor finished explaining the possible diagnosis. He could see the fear and confusion in Mr. and Mrs. Collins' eyes, and he wanted to reassure them as much as possible.

"We'll do some more tests, and then we'll have a clearer picture of what's going on," he said, giving Mrs. Collins' hand a squeeze. "In the meantime, try to stay positive and take things one day at a time"

As the doctor left the room, Mr. and Mrs. Collins were left to process everything they had just heard.