Chapter Six: Part 2

Vote/Comment❤

Khali James

As time went on, Khali and Linda found themselves spending more and more time together. Their connection grew stronger, and before they knew it, they were officially dating.

One day, as they were walking around campus, they heard footsteps behind them. A group of white guys approached them, with one in particular breaking away from the pack and making a beeline for Linda. He grabbed her hand, forcing her to turn around and face him.

"What's going on, Linda? Why are you avoiding me? You haven't been picking up my calls or responding to my texts.  What's up?" asked the guy, his voice tense with frustration.

"You know we broke up, right?" replied Linda, her voice calm but firm. "I don't think it's appropriate for us to keep in contact anymore."

The guy's eyes flashed with anger. "You can't just walk away from me like that!" he shouted."You don't break up with me, I break up with you!" He seemed to be getting angrier by the second, and Khali started to worry that things might escalate.
"That's not how it works!" Linda retorted. "You can't tell me who I can and can't break up with! I don't want to be with you anymore." Her voice was shaking, but she stood her ground.

The white guy then moved his gaze to Khali who is standing beside her. "Wait a minute? Are you avoiding me because of this Nigga?" asked the guy.
"That is none of your concern." Linda replied.
The white guy then focused on Khali.
"Hey nigga. If you know what's good for you, you will stay away from Linda or else, you will greatly regret your action. Don't let me see you near her again but if I do." he chuckled. "Oh! Oh! then, I will make life to be miserable for you in campus. You don't know what I'm capable of doing Just try me." the white guy said.

Khali could feel his blood boiling, but he forced himself to keep calm. "I'm not going to let you threaten me," he said, his voice steady. "Linda is a free person and can associate with whomever she chooses. If you can't accept that, that's your problem, not ours."

The guy snarled and took a step toward Khali, but the security guards quickly stepped in between them. "Sir, you'll have to leave," the guards said firmly.

The guy glared at the guards, his eyes blazing with anger.  But the guards stood their ground, arms crossed in front of them. Finally, the guy seemed to realize he wasn't going to get his way, and he turned on his heel and stomped away along with is gang.

As he walked off, the guards relaxed, and Khali let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. He looked at Linda, who was still standing next to him, her face pale and her hands shaking.

"Are you okay?" he asked. She nodded, but he could see she was shaken.

Khali put his arm around her shoulders and led her to a nearby bench, where they sat down. "I'm so sorry that happened," he said, his voice gentle. "He had no right to say those things to you. You don't deserve to be treated that way."

Linda took a deep breath and gave him a small smile. "Thank you," she said.
"I know it's probably not much comfort, but I'm really glad the guards were there," Khali said. "It's hard to know what could have happened if they hadn't been around."

Linda nodded. "You're right," she said. "They really helped defuse the situation. I'm just so glad it didn't escalate." She shivered, and Khali took off his jacket and draped it over her shoulders. "Thanks," she said, giving him a grateful look.
"It's no problem," he said.

Khali took Linda's hand in his. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that," he said. "No one should ever be treated like that, especially not you. You're such a kind, caring person.Linda's eyes filled with tears, but she managed a smile. "You're such a sweetheart," she said. "Thank you for being there for me. I really appreciate it."