Chapter Twenty-four: Part 1

Vote/Comment❤️

Kirito Suzuki

It felt like a trance, a very long one at that. Kirito found himself seated on his bed. At first, everything was blurry, but then he remembered passing through a door adorned with white and green triangles. He remembered floating quickly in a swirling tornado of white and green before finding himself in his current place.

The next moment, his brain brought him to what he was holding on his hands. Gazing at his hands, he saw a knife and thought, "What am I doing with this knife?" Then, as if a bolt of energy hit his head, he remembered everything at once. He dropped the knife, and said to himself with joy, "My life, I no longer have any need to take, for I know I will wake up to wonderful things tomorrow. A changed fate, that is what will happen."

With that, he went to the kitchen and put the knife back in its place before returning to his bed and quickly falling asleep. Although only a few minutes had passed, he felt like he had spent an additional day because of what had seemed like a long trance.

After hours of sleep, morning came. Kirito's eyes opened slowly, and as he turned to the left, they fell on his wife, who was seated on the bed.
She was smiling, her eyes bright and clear. She looked like the woman he had fallen in love with, and he couldn't help but smile back.

They sat there in silence, simply enjoying each other's presence. It was a moment of perfect peace, and Kirito felt more grateful than ever to have her in his life.

"You seem a lot more lively than ever," Mrs. Suzuki said, smiling. "I'm wondering. What kind of dream did you have?"
"A dream, you say. What if I told you it's more than that, and it happened even before I slept. Let's call it more like a trance," Kirito replied, smiling back.
"A trance? That's an unusual way to describe it. What did you experience in this trance?" Mrs. Suzuki asked curiously.

Kirito hesitated for a moment, unsure how to explain what he had experienced. But he knew he could trust her, so he began to tell her about the colorful doors, the mysterious hallway, and the figures who had spoken to him.

"It sounds like you had quite an adventure," Mrs. Suzuki said when he finished his story. "I don't know what to make of it, but it certainly seems meaningful. A changed fate? Will that really happen today? All at once? Well, I hope it does happen," Mrs. Suzuki said, still smiling. She then walked out of the bedroom, leaving Kirito alone.

Kirito rested for few more minutes, then went to the bathroom to have his bath and brush his teeth. After that, he went to the parlour, where he met his children.

"Good morning, Dad," Atushi and Ayami said in unison.
"Morning, Atushi and Ayami," Kirito said. "How was your night?"
"It was fine, Dad," they both said in unison again. Then they turned to each other and Atushi said, "Are you reading my mind?"
"No, I'm not," Ayami said with a laugh. Atushi then laughed out loud, and soon the siblings were both laughing.

Kirito watched both of his children laughing, and a big smile formed on his face as he sat down. Meanwhile, Mrs. Suzuki was busy preparing breakfast in the kitchen.

An hour later, breakfast was ready and Kirito and the kids were served. Then she joined them, and they all ate to their satisfaction. The kids then went to school, leaving Kirito and his wife alone in the parlour as they watched TV.

An hour flew by, and suddenly, his phone rang. Kirito picked up the phone beside him and answered it.

"Hello, who am I speaking to?" he said.
"I'm Takahiro Kawasaki," the caller said. "I have something very important to tell you. I know I'm a stranger, but we need to meet. I can't tell you all I want to say over the phone, and there's more to it, too. So, we'll have to meet. I'll text you an address right now," the caller said.
"Okay," Kirito said. then the caller cut the call.