Chapter Twenty-three

Vote/Comment ❤️

In the moment of silence, Razal's gaze was fixed on Oliver. Oliver tried to avoid making eye contact, because he was feeling uncomfortable. He felt like a prey being examined by a predator. A while later, Shomer appeared beside Razal, as he had done when teleporting before.

"Shomer, we've come to the last one. Judge him first, and I will give the final judgment," Razal said.
"It's my pleasure my Lord," Shomer replied.

His gaze now fixed on Oliver, Shomer said, "I observed something during the test. Almost all your answers were connected to your wife or included her. It's very obvious that you love your wife so much. Of all your wealth, your wife is your most treasured possession. Fate seemed to want to take love away from you. But after your judgment now, we'll know whether It will still succeed or not." Shomer paused and continued. "Well, you did remarkably good in the test. I like what you said about eliminating Ill-treatment from the world. It's rare for rich men like you to have that kind of thought since most of them see themselves as superior to the poor. Just like your father, most of them are men of inequality. It's clear that you're a kind and compassionate person, Oliver. It's admirable that you had the thought of removing Ill-treatment from the world if you could change just one thing about the world. Apart from that, you've been helping the poor and the needy, and you've already seen it as a purpose you have in life. I have to say this, I couldn't find any errors or flaws in your answers during the test. My Lord's final judgment will determine everything," Shomer concluded.

Razal looked at Shomer thoughtfully.

"Your assessment of Oliver is very thorough and comprehensive. It's clear that you have a keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of human nature. However, the final decision is still mine to make," he said.

He turned to face Oliver, his gaze piercing and intense.

"You have been tested and found to be a kind and compassionate person, but I must ask you one final question before I make my decision. Are you truly certain that you passed the test? You saw how we made some of the men before you have the impression that they passed the test, but they did not. Our judgment was not biased, but rather honest and objective. I know you must have thought that the first thing I would do is to condemn those who failed the test right away.
"However, that is not how I judge people. I prefer to praise their good qualities before pointing out their flaws. And I also find it interesting to test someone's faith in themselves. So, think about it: do you really believe that you passed the test?" Razal asked, his eyes burning into Oliver's.

The room was silent, the air thick with anticipation. Oliver took a deep breath and gathered his thoughts. Finally, he spoke.

"I understand your question and I appreciate your honesty. But I truly believe that I did pass the test. It wasn't easy and there were times when I doubted myself, but ultimately I think I proved my worthiness," Oliver replied, his voice steady and clear. "I know that the test was designed to push me to my limits, to see if I could remain true to myself and my values. And I think I passed that test with flying colors. You could see into my heart as clearly as sunshine, and there is not a trace of darkness in it. It is a pure and good-natured heart."

Razal considered Oliver's words carefully.

"Your conviction is admirable. I must say, you have impressed me," he said, a hint of a smile playing on his lips.
Then, with utmost boldness, Oliver said to Razal, "I, a mere mortal is ready to accept his fate. So, tell me Lord, What is the colour of my fate?"
Razal became mute for a moment, then smiled.
"Young man, look over there, the door at your left. What colour do you see?," Razal said, pointing at one of the door in the far end of the hallway.
"Green and white my lord," Oliver replied.
"So is the colour of your fate," Razal then added.
Upon hearing this, a joyous expression appeared on Oliver's face.
"Isn't it joyous to stare at the stars and have them stare back at you?" Razal asked rhetorically after a pause.

Without saying anything further, Shomer gestured for Oliver to follow him. As Oliver walked, he looked forward to seeing his wife sound and healthy again.

Razal remained seated until Shomer returned. Then, they began to talk about how much fun they had while judging the men.

"What an interesting outcome for those men," Shomer said.
"Indeed, it was interesting. At least, just two rotten fruits will be thrown into the trash can while the ripened fruits will remain in the basket," Razal said, relaxing in his chair.
"Well, it's unfortunate for those two rotten fruits," Shomer responded, standing a little more upright than before.
"To me, it's what they deserved. Look at it this way: ill fate can be regarded as the greatest illness in the world, as it is the master of all illnesses. And only a few are given the chance to be cured of it. But you see those two rotten fruits, they didn't make good use of the chance I gave them, and thus the color of their fate remained the same. But the ripened fruits were able to make use of the chance I gave them, and thus, they were able to change the color of their fate. It's that simple," Razal concluded.
"That's true, my lord," Shomer responded.
"Now, let's go to the place where my throne normally resides. There, I will manipulate the activities of fate in the favor of those three men who passed the test. I will choose my Instruments from among the humans who are not very far from where they all reside," Razal said.
"Okay, my lord," Shomer said. "But what about those men who failed the test?"
"You already know the answer to that question, don't you?" Razal said with a brief laugh before continuing. "I don't have to do anything. Fate will play out for them just as it was meant to."
Shomer smiled in response.

With that, Razal and Shomer teleported away from the center of the hallway, along with the single chair that had been there.