Chapter Three: Part 2

Vote/Comment❤️

Khali James

It was midnight, and Khali woke up in the middle of the night. As he lay in bed, he couldn't stop thinking about Linda. He started talking to himself inwardly.

"Is it possible that Linda doesn't have a boyfriend yet?" he wondered. "I guess I'll have to ask her the next time we meet. This time, I won't forget to get her number," He sighed and rolled over, trying to get back to sleep.
Even though he tried to fall back asleep, his thoughts kept drifting to Linda. "What if she does have a boyfriend?

"What if she doesn't want to talk to me anymore?" Khali thought to himself. "What if she thinks I'm a creep for asking for her number?"

His mind was racing, and he couldn't get a handle on his thoughts. "What's wrong with me?" he asked himself. "I barely know this girl, and I can't stop thinking about her."

He tossed and turned, unable to fall back asleep. Finally, he decided to get up and try to do something to distract himself. He walked into the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. As he was drinking, his phone buzzed. He went to check it and saw a message from Jamal.

"Hey man, I hope you're not having trouble sleeping," it read. "If you're up, I was wondering if you wanted to come over and watch a movie. I've got some popcorn and soda. Let me know if you're interested."

Khali pondered for a moment. He was still worried about what Linda might think of him, but maybe spending time with Jamal would help him get his mind off of it. "Sure," he replied.
Khali thought to himself, "It's kind of surprising how close I've gotten to my neighbor Jamal in such a short time since we met. I never expected him to text me so late at night, asking me to come over and watch a movie with him. But it's actually a pretty good idea, since his house is the closest to mine."

As he thought about it more, Khali realized that he and Jamal had a lot in common. They both loved movies, and they both enjoyed late-night conversations. It suddenly dawned on Khali that he and Jamal were like two sides of the same coin. He had always considered himself to be a night owl, but he had never thought of Jamal in the same way. Now that he thought about it, they were both equally night owls, just in different ways. Khali enjoyed staying up late and doing things like watching movies and having deep conversations. Jamal, on the other hand, enjoyed going out and socializing, meeting new people and having fun.

As Khali continued to think about it, he began to realize that he and Jamal complemented each other perfectly. Khali was the one who enjoyed quiet nights at home, and Jamal was the one who enjoyed being out and about. Khali was an introvert, and Jamal was an extrovert. They were complete opposites, yet they got along so well. It was as if they were two puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly.

For the first time, Khali felt like he had finally found someone who understood him completely.
Khali thought about Jamal's invitation again and decided to accept it. He put on his shoes and went out the door, making his way to Jamal's house.

The night air was cool and crisp, and the moon shone brightly in the sky. It was the perfect night for watching a movie and having a deep conversation.

As he approached Jamal's house, he felt a sense of anticipation and excitement. What would the night have in store? He knocked on the door, and Jamal opened it with a smile. "Come on in," he said. "Let's get this movie night started!"

Meshach Adewale

Meshach had been checking on his aunt at regular intervals to see if she had fallen asleep. It was now an hour and a half before his aunt finally fell asleep, as it was his third time checking. When he discovered that she had fallen asleep, he began to prepare to execute the plan he had devised for her children.