Chapter Three

ODESSA'S PALACE SPEAKEASY CASINO

The next day, The Elder Goddess of Fortune Luck, Odessa, and Christy is gently leaning on the second floor balcony railing, looking around at the visitors plays at the craps tables.

[Christy's Outfit]

"There's many visitors here at your palace casino this morning." Christy said.

"Yeah, visitors comes to party and play casino. And my caterers hands out cocktail drinks and food on platters." Odessa said to Christy.

"Sounds good." Christy said.

"And by the way, Christiana, I will pay you $500 cash for your chaperoning. How does that sound?" Odessa said.

"$500 cash sounds good. It's good for groceries and other things." Christy said.

Odessa and Christy exchange small smiles at each other.

Minutes after...

Downstairs in the main room, Odessa plays against her competitors at the craps tables. And Christy remains at the second floor balcony railing.

Christy's wrist comm beeps in her leather jacket pocket. She pulls out her wrist comm and looks at it.

Christy answers her wrist comm. Chandrelle's face shows up on the wrist comm screen.

"Hey, Chandrelle." Christy greeted her teenage childhood Elfin best friend. "How are you?"

"I'm doing well, Christiana." Chandrelle replied on the wrist comm screen. "I apologize for not contacting you. I was preoccupied with my parents and other things with the my parents's kingdom and with my daughter." Chandrelle said to her.

"Understandable. And I can't wait to meet you and Aragon's little baby daughter." Christy said with a small smile.

Chandrelle chuckles softly on the phone. "Yeah. And by the way, my toddler daughter name is Ena."

"I can't wait to meet her when I visit you and Aragon whenever I can." Christy said to her.

"Alright. Well, I have some Princess duties to do. I'll keep in touch with you whenever I can." Chandrelle said.

"Okay, love you, Chand." Christy said with a small smile.

"Love you too, Christiana." Chandrelle said and hangs up her wrist comm.