- bruises and boat wrecks -

It was the morning after the hurricane and John B had just gotten up.

He groans loudly as he gets up off the couch, rubbing his face with his hand. He stands up and glances around sleepily.

He sighs and turns on his phone. "Great, no service." He mumbles beneath his breath, careful to not wake anybody up. He flicks the light switches. "No power?" He says with a groan.

He walks over to the fold out couch where JJ and Melia had slept. Melia absolutely hates storms, but she slept fine with JJ. Shes currently asleep with her head on his chest,
he's half awake with his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

John B nudges his arm slightly, "Yo, JJ." He whispers, watching as he groans and looks up at him.

"You been outside yet?" He asks, looking down at the blonde boy and his sister. He smiles slightly to himself. When will these two stop being blind and just get together?

"I have polio, bro. I can't walk." He mumbles, tightening his grip around Emilia who is stirring awake now. She hears the back door open and close and she lets out a soft yawn.

She sits up, looking at JJ sleepily.

"Did John B just go outside or am I imagining things..?" She asks slightly hoarsely, still having her morning voice.

JJ nods, sitting up with her.  "You wanna go look at what Agatha did, Cupcake?" He asks, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ears.

She rolls her eyes and nods, sitting up and grabbing a hoodie off of the floor and sliding it on over her bra and shorts. She senses a slightly uneasy feeling settling in her stomach. What if dad really is out at sea? And the storm finished him off? A bunch of thoughts flow through her head as she walks out the back door beside JJ.

She can hear thunder rumbling in the distance as she walks down the steps to the bit of land behind their house. JJ lays his arm around her shoulder and caresses it with his thumb. She shoots him a soft smile and tiredly lays her head on his shoulder.

She hears her brother yawn from over by the blown down bushes and trees. "Oh man, that is not good.." He mumbles, stretching and laying his hands behind his head.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ calls out to him, bringing Melia closer to him.

"Yeah, she did.." He groans, looking up to them. "Power's out and so is all the service." He says with a sigh, kicking the blown down tree branches by his feet.

JJ burps quietly and Emilia giggles at him, backing up playfully. He just smirks at her. Though another clap of thunder rumbles in the distance and shes right beside him again. JJ chuckles and ruffles up her hair.

Melia isn't a sensitive girl, she's tough as fuck- I mean, shes been through enough. But she has her things that shes scared of, and she has her things that make her feel safe.  And JJ? He makes her feel safe.

They walk down to John B as he's pulling tree branches off the HMS Pogue, Melia goes over and lends him a hand.

"So, what're you thinking?" She asks, stretching before bending over and grabbing more branches from inside the boat.

JJ whistles at her and claps, to which John B turns around and glares at him. But he earned a laugh from Lia so he didn't mind.

"JJ, bro. Stop." He says, rolling his eyes and pulling out the final few branches. "Anyways, I'm thinkin' that the storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze." He begins. "All those drum are gonna chase the crab."

"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?" JJ asks, squinting from the sunlight as John B steps up on-top of the boat.

Melia tenses up slightly and rolls her eyes at the thought, stepping off the HMS now and standing back beside JJ.