- they know -

Somewhere along the way of their running, John B was a stupid fuck and got his side all scratched up on a barbed wire - and guess who found them? Queen Sarah Cameron.

"We've gotta clean that wound.." Sarah says, looking beside her to JB as she pulled them into Tannyhill.

"No, nope. Sarah, we cannot be here." He says, shaking his head.

"Okay, well, you have to trust me." She sighs.

"Yeah, I did that one time already, didn't I? And that cost me my fucking job." Melia pipes up, smiling sarcastically.

"Oh my god, we've already been through this. I didn't rat you out, okay?" Sarah groans. "So suck it up, buttercup." She opens her car door, stepping out.

Melia shakes her head angrily, getting out as well and following Sarah and her brother to the front door.

"Hey, I don't think your old man will be happy if an ex-employee's brother was bleeding all over his house.." Melia mumbles.

"Shh!" Sarah hushes. "So don't bleed?" She states, rolling her eyes.

They sneak further into the house, quickly getting shoved into another room after Ward could be heard on the phone to an employee.

"Hi!" Sarah says sweetly as her dad walks down the stairs.

"What are you doing..?" He asks her.

"Well, what do you mean?" She laughs nervously, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"Shut the door- come on, sweetie." He scolds her, shaking his head.

"..Sorry!" She says with a smile, watching her father leave. She turns back and quickly drags Melia and John B to another room upstairs.

"Go in here- sit down. I'll be right back." She says, showing them the room.

John B swings off his backpack and looks around, Melia holds hers tightly - considering just dipping and going to Popes house.

"Whoa.." John B mumbles, looking at the incredibly expensive room.

"All this shitty furniture probably costs more than our fucking house." Melia laughs, shaking her head.

She taps the chandelier and listens to the twinkling noise it makes. She smiles weakly, remembering all the times she spent in this house.

The good and the bad.

"Okay.." Sarah sighs, walking back in and bringing in some disinfectant.

"Lift up your shirt." She tells him, sitting down beside him.

Melia scrunches up her face and backs up to the door slightly.

"Uhm- I think I'm gonna go- John, when your done just meet me at Pope's or something." Melia says uneasily, shrugging. She really didn't want to get caught here by Rafe or Ward.

"Do you need help getting out?" Sarah asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

"No, I know the way." She replies, smiling softly and walking out the room.

"Bye, Emi!" JB calls out.

"Bye, bird." She sighs, walking out of the front door.

—————————————————

She jogs up to Pope's house, knocking on the door and being met by his dad.

"Oh, hey Melia!" He says with a small smile. "Pope's out by the shed with JJ."

She nods, muttering a soft thank you before walking over to what seems like a distressed Pope and JJ talking.

"Hey guys!" She smiles, her bruises from Rafe kicking her still prominent on her face and chest.