- burns and crime -

She was in her own world, zoned out. She only snapped back into it when she felt JJ pulling her up, her hand blistering.

She can hear gasps and screams from thousands of people watching the film, she shakes her head and looks down at her hand.

She forgot to pull it off the screen.

"Lia! We gotta get out of here! Come on!" He yells, grabbing her shoulder and running.

She nods and runs along with him, not processing anything that just happened. She lets out a laugh, not really sure what she just did.

////////////////////////

"Has anybody seen my brother?" Melia asks, picking at her lip. She was sat inside Heywards with Pope, JJ and Kiara. JJ was helping wrap her burns.

"Uhm, actually I haven't?" Kiara says, furrowing her eyebrows. "He was supposed to be at the movie but he ditched.." She trails off.

"He'll turn up." Pope says firmly, pacing around the spot, still in shock from what had happened an hour prior.

"What was your thought process, Pope, using your head to fight?" Melia asks, laughing quietly.

"Shut up! You set a screen on fire! And then forgot to pull your hand away! I just acted on instinct." He defends, raising his hands in the air.

Melia purses her lips, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. He has a point. JJ looks at her with a sad look in his eye.

She didn't forget to pull her hand away.
She wanted to feel it burn.

"Okay." She shrugs.

"Hey, Pope! Someone's here to see you." Heyward says, a weird tone in his voice. Shoupe appears behind him.

Everybody immediately shares worried glances.

"Evening, Officer." He says nervously, smiling.

JJ tapes up the bandage on Melia's hand and they walk over behind Pope.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." He says effortlessly, approaching him.

"What..?" Heyward says, glaring at his child.

"Hands on the counter, where I can see 'em." Shoupe informs him, holding the cuffs in his hand. Melia quickly jumps infront of him, shaking her head.

"Young lady, out of my way." He says, nudging her slightly. She looked nervously up at JJ who bites his lip.

"Whoa! Shoupe, what'd he do?" Heyward asks angrily, shaking his head.

"Look at the warrant."

"You're arresting him..?!" Kiara yells, furrowing her eyebrows.

"You're just arresting my boy?!" Heyward yells.

"Where's the proof?" JJ asks, standing forward.

"Everything you say can and will be held against you in the court of law." Heyward says as he locks the handcuffs around Pope's wrists.