- sinking boats -

"You guys get these groceries over to Figure Eight." Heyward informs Pope, JJ and Melia, who were all stood on the dock next to Pope's dads boat.

He passes grocery bags to each of them. "Straight back here once you're done, okay? No fishin'." He says, looking mostly at JJ.

"I promised delivery by this afternoon." He states, "Rich folks don't wanna wait for you two lazy sons of..." Heyward gestures at JJ and Pope. He simply winks at Melia which makes her laugh.

JJ gives out his hands to take grocery bags from Pope's father.

"Awwh, JJ, thank you." He says sarcastically, a fake smile on his face. "Sons of bitches." He finishes.

"Right." Pope says, pursing his lips.

—————————————————

"It doesn't even look like the storm hit here.." Melia mumbles quietly, looking out at Figure Eight as they drive through it.

"That's cause they got generators, Lia. Gotta get used to it..." JJ replies with a sigh, flicking his pen around in his hand.

"And then they say the juice will be out all summer at the cut." He adds, rubbing his forehead angrily.

"Life is unfair." Pope mutters, rolling his eyes. "It'd be nice to be a Kook."

"Lucky fuckers.." Melia says, groaning slightly. She stands up and pulls her denim shorts down slightly and adjusting her white bikini top.

—————————————————

Melia and Pope's groceries were for two houses beside one another so they decided to go together - JJ went the other way.

They were walking through the golf club, making small talk and laughing with one another.

"Okay but, something about corn on the cob's just doesn't sit right with me... I feel like they're just an untrustworthy vegetable." Melia says with a shrug.

Pope snickers at her, rolling his eyes playfully with a laugh. "You're insane.."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." A voice says.
"What?" Another replies.

Pope and Melia hadn't heard them through their laughing, carrying on walking through the club.

"I don't think they're members!" A familiar voice calls out with a snicker. Topper.

Melia turns around with a sigh, suddenly feeling her wrist get grabbed by... familiar hands.

She winces and looks up frantically.

Rafe.

"Didn't think you were a member, you aren't, are you Emilia?" He asks with a wink, pulling her closer to him. She whimpers slightly, frozen on the spot. She didn't know what to do.

Pope was trying to pull Rafe away from her when Topper then grabbed his wrist.

"Hey, what's up?" He asks with a smirk, gently knocking the grocery bag with his golf club.

"How much for one of those beers?" He questions Pope, trying to grab them from under his arm.

"And your little friend.." Rafe adds, grinning down at Melia. He rubs her cheek with his thumb.

She had gone completely pale. She was certain she was going to throw up.

"They aren't for sale." Pope says, gritting his teeth.

"Oh, so you can just- give us one, then, right?" Topper replies, pushing him backwards.

"Or you could just - order a beer? Like everybody else." Pope scoffs, shrugging Topper off and pulling Melia away from Rafe, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. She wasn't talking.