- thanks for being a team player -

"Bird.." Melia tries to yell, but it just comes out as a whisper, she knows she needs to just let him cool off.

"Look, I've got a plan. You two coming or what?" He asks, stepping back over to the water.

"Four hundred MILLION, JJ. How much do you owe in restitution?" JB says, watching the blonde boy finally give in and wander over.

"I need to go to Kie's, get ready for midsummers." Melia says awkwardly, biting her lip. "I'm sorry guys, I'll catch up with you after."

And they part their ways.

///////////////////////////

Melia had pretty much ran off to Kie's house, blowing off some steam. Now she was lying face first on the brunette's bed.

"They were non-stop yelling at each other- Scrap yelling, screaming at one another! I was two seconds from tearing all my fucking hair out." Melia complains, turning her head so she could see her best friend getting ready.

"God, they can be so annoying sometimes. I cannot live with two boys - can I not just move in here with you? We would be such a power duo. Oh my god, we could get married and have two little chihuahua-"

"Mills- Girl, slow down." Kie laughs, going and sitting down next to her. "I know you're stressed and tryna cover it up, but my head is going to explode in a minute."

Melia sighs and sits up, laying her head on Kie's shoulder. "You know me way too well."

"Well, duh. You're my girlfriend." Kie jokes, rolling her eyes. "No but seriously, Mills, what is going on with you and JJ?" She asks, looking down seriously at the blonde girl.

"You two almost kissed?! You always have been touchy but at the moment? You're inseparable. I'm surprised you even made it here without him."

Melia bites her lip, sitting up from the girls shoulder and leaning her back against the headboard.

"...I don't.. know." She says, shrugging.

Kie stares at her nonchalantly, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Anyways, where is the dress you said would suit me?" Melia asks with a grin.

"Uh, no honey. I'm not just having an 'I don't know' as an answer, I need more than that." Kie purses her lips.

Emilia groans, knowing she wasn't doing anything before telling Kie how she feels.

"I.. I really don't know, Kie. I guess, I sort of get butterflies around him sometimes.. It's just- It's easier to talk to him than most people. I always feel safe around him, y'know? It's just-" She pauses, taking a deep breath in.

"Since everything that happened with Rafe.." She says, staring down at her burnt hand. "I don't know if I'm ready.. Plus- He might not even like me back-"

"So you do like him?" Kie asks with a grin.

Melia opens her mouth to defend herself, but it quickly closes once again. She nods, feeling defeated.

"Mills, you really can't let what happened with Rafe stop you from being happy. JJ would never be like that, you know that most of all people." Kie explains, grabbing Melia's hand.