- we aren't batman -

"Also I'm sorry for lying, we may have called the cops.."

A small smile grows on her face, she hears both Sarah and Kiara start to giggle.

"I knew it!" Sarah whisper yells, shaking her head.

"I knew it, you bitches!" She laughs, slapping Kie playfully on the arm.

The three of them break into laughter.

They weren't sure where they all stood in each other's lives, but there was a warm feeling in the air. The feeling of knowing things were going to be okay.

For now.

///////////////////////

The girls sat up on the front of the boat, watching the boys pull in on the HMS. Melia sighs slightly, turning her head to look at the other two.

"You guys need a tow?!" JJ calls.

"Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked." Melia groans, turning her head back to look at them.

"Absolutely not." Sarah replies, laughing slightly.

"You've gotta admit, it was kinda funny." JB says as he pulls up beside them.

"John B." Melia mumbles, pretending to glare at him.

"...Yeah." He looks at her warily.

"Mastermind, huh?" Kiara asks, rolling her eyes.

"Always got a plan!" He responds, smiling slightly.

"That's some patriarchal bullshit." She snaps back, hopping onto the boat. Melia follows behind her, immediately walking over to JJ with a dramatic sigh. She slumps down beside him, watching John B help Sarah climb on.

"Still love me though, right?" JJ asks her, putting his arm around her shoulder with a goofy grin.

"Yeah, whatever." She says, pinching him on the arm.

"Still hate me?" She hears her brother ask Sarah, she smiles slightly to herself, thinking back to their conversation last night.

"A little." She replies, shrugging. "We're gonna get you all back when you least expect it."

"Watch your back boys." Kiara smirks.

Melia hums in agreement, pointing at the two girls.

"Well.. I for one welcome that challenge." Pope says, crossing his arms over his torso.

"Me too." JJ grins, squeezing Emilia's shoulder.

"So... Did you guys..?" JB starts to ask, looking mainly at his sister.

"Reconcile our differences?" She finishes for him, narrowing her eyes at him.

Sarah shakes her head, Kie scoffs.

"Not even close."

"But... we're... willing to work together." Sarah adds with a shrug, looking back at the two girls who nod.