Chapter Twelve

I manage to send someone over to Fucking Christian's place for Cassandra's belongings

At first, Calvin was uncooperative. He wouldn't help unless he spoke to Cassandra first. He demanded to know where she was.

I didn't blame him, I would be driving myself to the edge if I lost Cassandra. There wouldn't be a place I wouldn't look for her. I would be bombarding everyone's cell phone until I could reach her.

Basically, there wouldn't be an obstacle until I could get her.

However, I almost laughed when my guys reported all of that to me. I wasn't the idiot who lost her. I was the lucky bastard who was protecting and consoling her.

If it were up to me, I would have Carlton fired first thing in the morning. Then, I would punch him. I wouldn't let him touch or see her again. I didn't care what he did, but whatever it was, it broke her. It scared her. It erased her beautiful smile. I wouldn't let him hurt her ever again.

But I figured my dad wouldn't let me do all those things. Not without a justifiable reason. And so far, the only thing I know is that Christian broke her confidence and trust. Even though my father likes Cassie, I don't think he'll fire Calvin because of this. Much less without knowing the complete story.

I'll work on this. But for now, I am going to do everything in my power to put as much distance between Cassandra and that fucker.

Besides, I am sure Cassandra isn't ready to face him, much less want to talk to him. So, I told my guys to get her belongings either way. I don't know how they managed it, but 2 hours later, her belongings were at my place, packed in boxes.

As much as I love seeing Cassandra walking around in my shirts, she'll eventually need her own clothes. Much to my dismay.

She doesn't have many belongings and it leaves thoughts running in my head. It's like she has never settled down for real. Like some subconscious part of her knew she didn't belong with Cameron.

Those thoughts make me observe her reactions and movements.

Does she feel comfortable here or does she feel like she'll eventually have to leave? Does she feel at home?

I really hope she finds my house as someplace safe. A place she'll run to instead of having the subconscious urge to run from.

I studiedher in silence all weekend.

I have no idea what's running through her beautiful head, but she looks calmer and more content. I love how her tears are now completely gone and she's smiling, laughing, and joking. How she looks like herself.

I especially love the shift between us. The smiles seem more meaningful. The touches are more intimate and lingering.

A wall has stumbled down and she's letting me in. She's allowing me to take care of everything. She didn't question how I got her belongings, she smiled and hugged me in silent appreciation.